I want wider Pictures

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BoxerBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. BoxerBoy macrumors member

I have my Macbook Pro linked to my TV via Apple TV. I am using my Photos for the Screensaver.

Could someone please tell me how I can get the photos to fill the complete screen. At the moment there is a large black section either side of the photos, on both the TV and MBP.

Thank you for any advice

2. yano729 macrumors member

3. BoxerBoy thread starter macrumors member

I always do.

Interesting that my Desktop Background is one of my photos and that completely fills both screens.

4. Freestar007 macrumors newbie

How are you currently sourcing the screensaver content - from iPhoto? If so, in System Prefs you should be able to select from events in the iPhoto library. In 10.8 there are a variety of nicely formatted options. You'll find you can also use a single folder as the source, if you want to gather your images manually.

Your desktop image fills the screen either because its aspect ratio matches the display, or it is being stretched/formatted in System Prefs.

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

lol.

this made me chuckle.

----------

Its because of the RATIO difference 16:10 vs 16:9

6. Maggot FF macrumors member

Maggot FF

What camera do you take your pictures with? Most cameras do not take pictures in 16:9 (luckily, i hate pictures in 16:9, lol), so they won't fill the screen of your mac or your tv perfectly unless you crop them down to 16:9 (tv) or 16:10 (mac).

edit:

And for the part about your desktop background, the pictures are either stretched or cropped down compared to their original ratio. Idk know is OSX does this automatically though, as i always make sure my background pictures are 2880x1800.

7. BoxerBoy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your answers folks, I'm sure with this information I will be able to resolve the issue.

8. large farva macrumors regular

A lot of times, when using a new input on a TV, the aspect ratio can be set to a default. I would try checking the aspect ratios for that input, on your TV.