Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2d4bPtwBtcp

I went to Cambodia in April 2006 and it was absolutely amazing. I had a blast. I had to do a world religions project for my faith class in October, and I made an educational video/documentary of Angkor Wat, the largest religious structure in the world, and Buddhism, as well as Hinduism, since they're closely related.

We're covering the Khmer Empire in History class, and I uploaded it on YouTube.

For the narration pieces, I tried to emulate a disco-esque synchronized lightbulb video wall (if that makes sense), and YouTube took a lot of color out of the light bulbs. I was going to have the silhouette of me and just dancing in front of it between segments, but I just scrapped that because I'm too embarrassed.

Tell me what you think.

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood
that was cool.

However, I think it could've been more interesting with just narration and b-roll/stills. The disco-wall really seemed out of place and took away from everything else. I think you could put together a really cool documentary if you stuck with the subject. I liked that you made it personal, but you can do that without having yourself on-screen.

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
It was pretty effective getting the message across, good job.

Production-wise, I think you could have benefited from a tripod. Some of the shots were very shaky and wobbly. Also the audio wasn't that great, but that's more of an equipment issue, stuff you probably don't have access to.

Overall I really liked it!

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
It was pretty effective getting the message across, good job.

Production-wise, I think you could have benefited from a tripod. Some of the shots were very shaky and wobbly. Also the audio wasn't that great, but that's more of an equipment issue, stuff you probably don't have access to.

Overall I really liked it!

Thanks, everyone!

While I used a tripod for the narration clips, it would have been hard to use a tripod while in the field since I was moving around a lot and it would've been hard to pack that. Plus, that footage was taken almost two years ago, and I think (or at least hope) that I've improved since then.

I've always had problems with audio, perhaps because I just use the internal mic, which never comes out well. I've bought a general multipurpose handheld mic since then, though I think I still may need a shotgun mic.

Thanks everyone.

Flynnstone

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2003
Cold beer land
I liked it !

I was trying to see what the video wall was doing, but ...

AppleTV can get high(er) quality H.264 from YouTube. Can we get them from a typical Mac?

Flowero4ka

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2008
Instead of adding another thread. iMac do you mind if I ask the same question?
I have a video I just completed (2 minutes) for a blood drive held in san francisco.

http://www.jumpcut.com/view?id=8DA6B5CAE11811DC9C07000423CF382E&type=

Warriors Game: http://www.jumpcut.com/view?id=BDCA974AA8FA11DC935A000423CF382E
Let me know what you MR's think.

Shot on Canon XH-A1

WOW! I like it!!! Music entourage is very successful and important here! Thank you for sharing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.