I want your opinions on this video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by iMacZealot, Mar 3, 2008.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2d4bPtwBtcp

I went to Cambodia in April 2006 and it was absolutely amazing. I had a blast. I had to do a world religions project for my faith class in October, and I made an educational video/documentary of Angkor Wat, the largest religious structure in the world, and Buddhism, as well as Hinduism, since they're closely related.

We're covering the Khmer Empire in History class, and I uploaded it on YouTube.

For the narration pieces, I tried to emulate a disco-esque synchronized lightbulb video wall (if that makes sense), and YouTube took a lot of color out of the light bulbs. I was going to have the silhouette of me and just dancing in front of it between segments, but I just scrapped that because I'm too embarrassed.

Tell me what you think.

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

that was cool.

However, I think it could've been more interesting with just narration and b-roll/stills. The disco-wall really seemed out of place and took away from everything else. I think you could put together a really cool documentary if you stuck with the subject. I liked that you made it personal, but you can do that without having yourself on-screen.

3. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

It was pretty effective getting the message across, good job.

Production-wise, I think you could have benefited from a tripod. Some of the shots were very shaky and wobbly. Also the audio wasn't that great, but that's more of an equipment issue, stuff you probably don't have access to.

Overall I really liked it!

4. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks, everyone!

While I used a tripod for the narration clips, it would have been hard to use a tripod while in the field since I was moving around a lot and it would've been hard to pack that. Plus, that footage was taken almost two years ago, and I think (or at least hope) that I've improved since then.

I've always had problems with audio, perhaps because I just use the internal mic, which never comes out well. I've bought a general multipurpose handheld mic since then, though I think I still may need a shotgun mic.

Thanks everyone.

5. ShakeWellProd macrumors member

6. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

I liked it !

I was trying to see what the video wall was doing, but ...

AppleTV can get high(er) quality H.264 from YouTube. Can we get them from a typical Mac?

7. Flowero4ka macrumors regular

WOW! I like it!!! Music entourage is very successful and important here! Thank you for sharing...