I was convinced of switching to Mac and getting the MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pavvento, Jun 7, 2007.

1. pavvento macrumors 6502

But once I was in the store I couldn't resist upgrading to the Mac Book Pro! I really thought it would be less portable than it seems. The only two things I liked better about the MacBook was the color and the keyboard, this one takes a little getting used to since the keys are aluminum.

2. dusanv macrumors 6502

Yeah, I tried the Macbook keyboard and it's the suck. Spongy. I wouldn't consider it because of the keyboard and the lack of a video card.

3. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I like the keyboard on the MacBook, it gets a bad rap for some reason and I think its an improvement over the iBooks keyboard.

It is the speakers which let it down.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Keyboards are a matter of taste. Many people like the feel of the MacBook over the MacBook Pro. The integrated video is not a problem for those not doing gaming or 3D work.

Yeah. The speakers suck big time.

5. alexprice macrumors 6502a

I hate the iBook keyboards with a passion. The MacBook keyboards are really cool.

6. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

I would like a macbook but there's a few problems
    1. Lack of Money
    2. Lack of video card
    3. keyboard, not sure whether i like it or not yet. I like my current pone quite a bit, even though it's very "clicky"

7. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

The macbook keyboards take a while to get used to but they're good once you get into 'em. The speakers however, are another story.

8. Jblack4083 macrumors regular

IMO, the MacBook keyboard is an upgrade over the Pro's keyboard. It's more firm and when you press a key you feel it more. The Pro is really spongy and soft and doesn't really "click" when you press a key. I agree with the keyboard thing.

9. heySparky macrumors regular

heySparky

I like the Macbook keyboard a bit better than iBook, but the best keyboard on a Mac notebook was on the Powerbook 1400. Of course, that is just my opinion.