Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pavvento

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
But once I was in the store I couldn't resist upgrading to the Mac Book Pro! I really thought it would be less portable than it seems. The only two things I liked better about the MacBook was the color and the keyboard, this one takes a little getting used to since the keys are aluminum.

dusanv

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2006
Yeah, I tried the Macbook keyboard and it's the suck. Spongy. I wouldn't consider it because of the keyboard and the lack of a video card.

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
I like the keyboard on the MacBook, it gets a bad rap for some reason and I think its an improvement over the iBooks keyboard.

It is the speakers which let it down.

I hate the iBook keyboards with a passion. The MacBook keyboards are really cool.

Draythor

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Exeter University, UK
I would like a macbook but there's a few problems
1. Lack of Money
2. Lack of video card
3. keyboard, not sure whether i like it or not yet. I like my current pone quite a bit, even though it's very "clicky"

Dynamyk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2005
Toronto
The macbook keyboards take a while to get used to but they're good once you get into 'em. The speakers however, are another story.

Jblack4083

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2007
IMO, the MacBook keyboard is an upgrade over the Pro's keyboard. It's more firm and when you press a key you feel it more. The Pro is really spongy and soft and doesn't really "click" when you press a key. I agree with the keyboard thing.

heySparky

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2007
Oregon
I like the Macbook keyboard a bit better than iBook, but the best keyboard on a Mac notebook was on the Powerbook 1400. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.