I was hoping for my of update and at least the new cpu

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cooper56, Oct 5, 2011.

1. cooper56 macrumors newbie

Im a current ipod 4g owner my screen has a crack in it i was hoping upgrade this year when it go new features but nothing is really new. I dont know should i deal with the crack or buy it again?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah dude, they should have at least bump the processor.

3. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Yeah alot of disappointment....you're not alone. I would go ahead and buy another one. There are plenty of used and refurbs out there for cheap. You don't need to spring for a new one. On the 12th, upgrade to the free IOS 5 and you'll be set for another year.

4. iEvolution macrumors 65816

As iPods slow down in sales I think the upgrade cycle has changed. Either the date of hardware updates has changed or they are doing a 2 year upgrade cycle instead of the usual every year update.

Hard to imagine them stagnating the device and possibly lose out on profit they could gain through the iTunes Store from it.

5. Plutonius, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

What are they competing against ? Most people who get a touch, will get one for the size (pocket sized) and because they don't need a smart phone. Also, people who are in the market for a product like the touch will still buy the touch even without the upgrade. They will lose some sales for not upgrading but the loses will be off-set by not adding cost to the touch.