Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurdFerguson

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
O'side!
When I actives my iPhone with iTunes it offered me a $60 price. I said no but I'm wondering if I change my mind I could still get the price?

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Now why would anybody do this ? I thought the iPhone was screwed up ?

Because if you already have the phone and want a .Mac/Mobile Me account you get some discount from the RRP.... Who doesn't like getting discount??

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
uhm I was told I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the discount unless I bought it on the spot.

Oh well. I typically just grab a code on eBay.

You might be able to find a couple of other users and go all in on a family pack too.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
They offer this with the purchase of iPhones and Macs. Since you already purchased the phone and they told you you can do it, you would most likely have to go into the store to do it. Whenever you are purchasing one of these items, MobileMe is available for a discounted price.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Go to Amazon or eBay and get it cheaper! The sellers usually e-mail the activation code quickly.

How does this work on Amazon? I just order the "old version" and they email me the code, or do they ship a package? Also, if I buy the old version, how does the upgrade work with the new version coming out in July?

Thanks

Higgs1

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
New York City
you are aware you can buy it on ebay from different people for way cheap right? I ordered it like 2 weeks ago for ~$35 :)

totally legit and the activation code worked flawlessly....did the same thing for my apple car on my macbook paid $90 for it :)

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
Can us who already have .Mac get this discount??
You should be able to. I had it before I bought the iPhone4 on launch day. The Apple guy said I could get a $30 discount off of it. I bought it. When I went home later that day and activated it, it combined with my existing MobileMe which was due to expire in April 2011 and changed the expiration date to April 2012. :).

tikitommy

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
You should be able to. I had it before I bought the iPhone4 on launch day. The Apple guy said I could get a $30 discount off of it. I bought it. When I went home later that day and activated it, it combined with my existing MobileMe which was due to expire in April 2011 and changed the expiration date to April 2012. :).

That is correct. Even if you're currently paying for it, purchasing and activating it will tack it on to the end of your current plan length. So if you have 3 months left on existing and buy it, you'll have 1 yr and 3 months of mobileme.

quid squid

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2008
los angeles
If you call 1-800-MY-APPLE and talk to a representative they will be able to add the Mobile Me to your order (even if your phone has already been shipped and charged). Just give them your order number. (if you purchased your phone in a store you might have to go into the actual store to add the discounted item to your purchase).

I received my order the next day and plan to use it after the 60 day trial I plan on starting up this evening.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
you are aware you can buy it on ebay from different people for way cheap right? I ordered it like 2 weeks ago for ~$35 :)

I've seen it cheap but never that cheap. Care to share a link or the seller's name?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.