General I was wondering...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by heezy11110, Jun 10, 2014.

1. heezy11110 macrumors newbie

Not that I've jailbroken before, but jailbreaking voids your warranty. If you were to jailbreak, then restore, and then get AppleCare, would you then be covered?

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

when you replace the phone or go to an appointment, as long as the phone is brought in as nonjailbroken, you will be covered

3. heezy11110 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ivandr macrumors regular

I have actually gotten service at the Genius bar for an issue unrelated to jailbreaking (hardware issue, home button was failing to register a click ~20% of the time) while my phone was jailbroken. During the appointment the genius noticed it was JB, made a veiled reference to it and continued to service my phone (eventually got a replacement device).

The genius bar is no stranger to phones that are JB and I've noticed over the last several years, they are usually ok with servicing a JB device much more often than in the early days (I've been on the iPhone train since the original...)

Just thought that had some relevance and was worth sharing.

5. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

This will largely depend on who you get and this is not something that can be stated across the board by any means

6. dilap macrumors 6502a

They actually can know if they look at your Diagnostics(they could be synced over a backup/iCloud) and see any crashes while using a Jailbroken App. I also found a bunch of reference to Cydia etc. because I did not restore to rid of the jailbreak, I updated. ALWAYS RESTORE!