I will be getting a new hard drive after all

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by galloman, May 18, 2007.

1. galloman macrumors member

well, it seems that the people at the mac authorized center around here found something on the HD of my macbook, whose mac partition had mysteriously dissappeared. I phoned them up today and they told me that when they tried to reformat the disk they found something else on it and had now ordered me a new HD. Bad news is that I still need 7 more working days to phone them up again and see what new things have happened. Good news is, my warranty is still good for a couple of more months.

now, I obviously intend to buy applecare ASAP, but the question is, how can I do that ? I bought my Macbook in Chicago but right now live in mexico and will be going back to Chicago later this summer, when my warranty has already expired, so how can I buy it ? is it good if I buy it online ?

how normal is it for HD's to fail in less than a year of use and definitely zero abuse ?

thanks again

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Yeah, you can buy it online, then mail your computer in to Apple for repairs. Hard drives shouldn't fail that soon, but there are always bad drives in any bunch that gets created. I've had drives die on me within a year, and others that have been abused as hell still keep going after 5. That's why they have a warranty!