I will buy Apple Watch if it has this one feature...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mcz51221zz, Mar 12, 2015.

1. mcz51221zz macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if the Apple Watch will notify the wearer if their iphone goes out of bluetooth range?

If I leave home or the office and forget my iphone, will the watch let me know? I don't know how many times I've had to turn around and go back home or work because I left it at home or on the desk or maybe my jacket.

The whole incident when the prototype 4 was left at a bar wouldn't happen if they had this feature. For $350, if it saves me from loosing my $850 replacement out of contract iphone 6 then it's totally worth it. Besides all the other features of course.

2. VFC macrumors 6502a

I don't know but I wonder if the AW app they installed on the iPhone with notify us if we forget to put the AW on before leaving the house?

3. mcz51221zz thread starter macrumors newbie

My understanding that yes, the iphone knows when the watch is on your wrist or not, but my question is still different because the watch will still be on your wrist. I can't imagine why they wouldn't put this feature on the watch. Even my car will tell when I've connected or lost bluetooth connection with my iphone.

4. bransoj macrumors 6502a

If they dont then there will probably be "an app for that" at some point soon!!

5. mcz51221zz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, but it needs to run native in the background, not an app you have to activate.

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

I could have sworn I saw this feature somewhere, a "Link Lost" alert. However, I can't seem to find it anywhere now.

7. mcz51221zz thread starter macrumors newbie

Man, I sure hope you're right!

8. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Yes/No. The watch will vibrate or notify that it is far from Bluetooth range and not connected with iPhone.

9. mcz51221zz thread starter macrumors newbie

Your source for this info?

10. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

My pebble has this feature, but it's based on the watch face that I'm using. Some face have a 'vibrate when disconnected' feature. I find it very useful so it would great to see it in the Apple Watch

11. ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

Yes this feature is on the Pebble and Pebble Steel, so I can't see why it shouldn't be on the AW.

12. mcz51221zz thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm probably going to get the cheaper sport version for now, being this is the first one and we all remember the people that paid $600 for the first iphone. If I know they're not releasing a newer model for at least another 18 months or 2 years, then I would spend the money for the stainless steel version. However, I have a feeling(and hope) that their manufacturing cycle is more mature and they won't have a new version for a while weird as that sounds.

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If it doesn't that's pretty sad. My Pebble watch vibrates on Bluetooth disconnect.

14. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Agree. It should be a wrist tap.

15. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

It's such an obvious feature I'd be very surprised if Apple didn't include the Watch telling you it lost its connection.

I too want that, it could prevent you from leaving it in a store's bathroom, etc, and never seeing it again.

I also want a silent wake-up alarm. So, I'll be charging it for the 2 hours before I go to bed, then I'll put it back on.

What will ultimately make people love the Watch is all the little unexpected ways it makes your life a little easier.

16. mcz51221zz thread starter macrumors newbie

Like Jobs said, consumers don't know what they need until someone comes along and shows them. They're called geniusus, which most of us are not.

All these pundits say it's pointless but then they're wearing one although they hardly ever admit later on that they were totally worng.

17. KPOM macrumors G5

I wouldn't be surprised to see some additional models (or at least some new band options) in time for the Christmas shopping season.

18. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Indeed, every smartwatch I've ever had, has had a tether-lost alarm as an option.

I'm sure Apple will, too.