I will jailbreak my 3gs 4.3.2. Need some help.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoMayoKicksU, Apr 19, 2011.

1. LoMayoKicksU, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011

LoMayoKicksU macrumors member

LoMayoKicksU

I have downloaded this redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 to jailbreak my 3gs 4.3.2.

Redsnow identified my 432ipsw as ok. My 432ipsw file was downloaded by iTunes itself during the restore.

Is there anything else that I need to download before I can start the jailbreak?

2. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Are you going to start a new thread for every step of this process? Detailed instructions on how to use redsnow (for every version) are widely available here and all over the internet if you just search.

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Agreed! Searching isn't that difficult. There are literally thousand of threads regarding this matter.

4. LoMayoKicksU thread starter macrumors member

LoMayoKicksU

That's what I did with snowbreeze and I ended up with 3gs 4.3.2
    Luckily, redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 just came out.

I am a first timer on this jailbreaking and I don't want to screw up again. That is why I am asking for all little details here and get a direct answer rather than search it, misinterpret it and ends up screwed up again.

Please bear patience with me guys.

Thanks a lot.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

http://www.iclarified.com/jailbreak/ there now it should be easy. if you still can't figure out I recommend you pay somebody or bribe a friend. details at this site are much better then what anybody will add in the forum. btw you might want to also add Iclarified to your bookmarks.

6. LoMayoKicksU, Apr 19, 2011

LoMayoKicksU thread starter macrumors member

LoMayoKicksU

My 3gs is still locked with AT&T and I can't use it outside the country using the sim of local providers. Is unlocking included in redsn0w jailbreak?
    If not, what do I need to unlock it?

I want to unlock it and jailbreak it.
    Which one should be done first?

7. LoMayoKicksU, Apr 19, 2011

LoMayoKicksU

They have this guide now for 3gs 4.3.2(win) http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=14563.
    But to be able to unlock, I have to use iPad's basebands 06.15.00.

I will try the jailbreak but I will stay with my basebands and just hope that some day it could be unlocked.

8. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

People gave you a good tutorial site and you came back asking for this and that. If you take time to read it then you would have asked better questions.

9. LoMayoKicksU thread starter macrumors member

LoMayoKicksU

Part of the instructions in redsn0w for 3gs is asking if I have an old unit. The serial numbers tells me that it is an old one but it was just upgraded to the latest version which is 4.3.2 with baseband 05.16.02.

Is this now considered new or still old?
    I get confused with this one.

Please advise...

10. LoMayoKicksU thread starter macrumors member

LoMayoKicksU

If you are just reading carefully too, the post i made just above yours, then you must have understood what I mean with this:

Rather than making comments against somebody's post, you better help the forum by making replies that answers somebody's problem. I do believe that this is one of the main reasons for the forum.

11. LoMayoKicksU, Apr 19, 2011

LoMayoKicksU

Redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 process question.

I am back with 3gs 4.3.2 baseband 05.16.02
    There is this one part of the redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 process that confused me. It ask if I have old 3gs. The serial number says it is old but 2 days ago I accidentally upgraded it to the latest FW 4.3.2 and the baseband now is 05.16.02

Should I click yes(old) or No(new)?

Please help.

12. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I did read your posts carefully. Labman gave your a tutorial site but you came back asking things that is answered in that site. Look at post # 6! Then somehow you start to read a little and find out more information on post #7.

The main reason for forum is to discuss and help people. We gave you a step-by-step tutorial but you don't bother to read and learn.

To your question about clicking yes or no in Redsn0w. (http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=14563)
    It clearly state in redsn0w how you can determine 'new' or 'old'. Is it that difficult to follow instruction? If this is too hard for you then you shouldn't be JBing.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

I also have a link in my signature that give quick and easy jb/ul info. have you read the stickies at the top of this forum. a jailbreak unlock guide is also at my signature. what you are asking has been asked a 100+ times read search! you would already have your answers. ;)

=