Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

semin28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
I have had it with all the problems and about to take my ipod touch 2g back to costco. The crashing is getting out of hand. Its happening more then when I had my 1g touch . Another thing is Sometimes ill be zoooming in and all of sudden it goes crazy and sends me to the top of the page. It freezes once in a while and and its just getting out of hand with all these problems. I was thinking about getting a mac but nvm bc if I have a lot of problems with my touch then who knows what kind ill have with the mac. Btw iits not jail broken and I gotta back in september. I only synced it twice and never droped it. I wish google whould make a mp3 bc I have a g1 and it never crashes(knock on wood).

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Oh god. maybe you just need a spell checker. Thanks for not coming to the mac community :)

by the way (or as you would put it, btw) if you touch the menubar in any application it will take you back to the top of the page. That's probably what you've been doing. And the G1 can be used as an MP3 player so just use that. :rolleyes:

nice attempt at a rant, but it read more like bathroom stall writing.

chapel321

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
Oh god. maybe you just need a spell checker. Thanks for not coming to the mac community :)

by the way (or as you would put it, btw) if you touch the menubar in any application it will take you back to the top of the page. That's probably what you've been doing. And the G1 can be used as an MP3 player so just use that. :rolleyes:

You aren't kidding...wtf??:rolleyes:

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008

haha wow I actually agree with you (tuffluffjimmy) I know people come to macrumors for problems but this is just insane, and comparing an mp3 player to an full blown Mac computer? come on its just buggy and needs an update unlike other companies apple will listen to your problems and may even give you a free replacement! and the G1 is ugly HTC makes way better phones idk why they chose that model to start android off with :confused:

semin28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
haha wow I actually agree with you (tuffluffjimmy) I know people come to macrumors for problems but this is just insane, and comparing an mp3 player to an full blown Mac computer? come on its just buggy and needs an update unlike other companies apple will listen to your problems and may even give you a free replacement! and the G1 is ugly HTC makes way better phones idk why they chose that model to start android off with :confused:

G1=amy whinehouse

Iphone=meagan fox

Yes the g1 is ugly but it hasn't givin me any real problems(knock wood again). I'm sorry but I'm just sick of the crashing. Once a while is fine but everyday pisses me off. U say a update could fix this but I doubt it. Also I'm comparing it to the mac bc they r both apple products and if I have problems with one then I'm bound to have problems with the other. The iphone/touch r both amazing machines . Anyone who saids they suck r crazy bc of the things it can do but these problems r driving me nuts. I'm sorry that I'm pissed but I just had it.

darklyt

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Have you tried restarting your iPod? (Holding down the top button until it asks to power down and then pressing it again to turn it back on.) That might help.

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
Have you tried taking the (probably) tons of apps off your touch. With all of the 3rd party stuff, you never know what might be causing problems.

Try removing some of the apps that you don't need, don't use and see if that improves the situation.

pwn247

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
West Virginia, USA
A Mac is a computer. An iPod Touch is a portable media player. You can't compare them. (I love my Mac)

But it sounds like you have a faulty unit. Take it back and get it replaced. Or call Apple. Don't you find it strange that you're the only person with all these problems? :p

duncyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
I'd try restoring the iPod completely through iTunes first and add your media/apps back gradually.

Try music first then go through different playlists and tracks, use CoverFlow etc to see if that's fine. Then add your photos (if any) and try slideshows etc. Then movies, then apps.

Sometimes a restore can iron out any bugs in the OS. Also, sometimes media gets corrupted a little. It'll play fine on your PC but cause headaches for your iPod- it may be the problem here.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I like the iPod touch, but it definitely has it's flaws. However, I absolutely love my Mac. It's the best computer I've ever owned. The somewhat shocking quality control of the iPod touch in no way represents the outstanding nature of the Mac line.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Let me guess,

you never UPDATED THE FIRMWARE? ("synced" twice)

you never got it check by the Genius Bar?

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
G1=amy whinehouse

Iphone=meagan fox

Yes the g1 is ugly but it hasn't givin me any real problems(knock wood again). I'm sorry but I'm just sick of the crashing. Once a while is fine but everyday pisses me off. U say a update could fix this but I doubt it. Also I'm comparing it to the mac bc they r both apple products and if I have problems with one then I'm bound to have problems with the other. The iphone/touch r both amazing machines . Anyone who saids they suck r crazy bc of the things it can do but these problems r driving me nuts. I'm sorry that I'm pissed but I just had it.

first off hahahahaha :D and okay but my ipod has been buggy since the last update and wasn't before and my macbook and imac have never had any problems , not joking.

semin28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
Let me guess,

you never UPDATED THE FIRMWARE? ("synced" twice)

you never got it check by the Genius Bar?

no I didn't get it checked out by the genius people bc it would probaly not act up at the time. Also If I'm the only one with these problems then why did happen on my 1st iPod touch? I'm glad I didn't buy a iPhone cuz I bet it would crash when I'm talking.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
no I didn't get it checked out by the genius people bc it would probaly not act up at the time. Also If I'm the only one with these problems then why did happen on my 1st iPod touch? I'm glad I didn't buy a iPhone cuz I bet it would crash when I'm talking.

Nope. Purely FALSE SPECULATION. If you don't want to fix it, that's YOUR problem.

There is a reason why iPhone is number 1 on the third quarter. It's because it works better than the competition. If it doesn't work then no one would keep it.

For most people, Macs, iPod touch, and iPhone are wonderful. Others know where to get it fixed. Keep in mind that Apple customer satisfaction is the highest compared to the competition.

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
For every "I'm POed Post" there are 50 positive posts about this product. Take it back, follow the other suggestions, or drop back 15 and punt.

miiles

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
California
I have a feeling that the problem with your iPod Touch could be you. Your first one had problems, and your second one...and they were the same problem? It's you.

When you are having trouble with it why don't you do the normal trouble shooting stuff, like reformatting and things like that?

czeluff

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2006
doesnt make sense

So, wait, you're going to stick with Windows, the most BUGGY operating system in existence, because you've had some problems with your iPod?

Good luck with your Dell.

semin28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
If it's me that's causing the problem then I don't know what I'm doing to cause it. I treat my 2g like it's my baby . My first I treated like **** bc it would act up. I pretty sure the crashing is apple fault bc everyone experince it. Maybe it's bc I use it so much( I use more then my pc. Idk but I'm waiting for a new update that will patch some of the problems. Another thing that could be causing the problem Is my black flick case. Today I just opened the bottom and noticed it was really dusty and in the cable slot it had a lot of dust in it . So maybe the dust is causeing it idk.

Ps I'm typeing from my touch so exsuse me for my spelling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.