I will recieve EMA :)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ct2k7, Aug 2, 2009.

1. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

woot :D

I shall be paid £30/week for attending Level 3 tier education, becuase my assessment of household income is below £20,817 per annum, and my parents are unemployed.

:)

Wish me luck with my GCSE results this month and my sixth-form life :)

2. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

I think I only understood three words in your post. :)

Good luck on this GCSE you speak of. :)

I'm not going to even try to guess what a sixth-form is. Looks like I'm off to Google.

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Not entirely sure how I feel towards EMA in all honesty, but if it works for you as intended then congratulations, best of luck with your GCSE's, and make sure you use the opportunity you're being given to advance yourself and ensure that you and your children don't find themselves in the same situation.

4. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

LOL, ty :)

Sixth-form is Year 12/13 is Grade 11/12 respectively. I assume college comes to mind at this point.

This is a schools comparison/chart for US/GB system conversion.

5. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

Not really, sorry.

Here in the USA we have 12 grades of school before graduating with a high school degree. After that, some folks go to a two year college for a trade skill, some for four years for a Bachelors degree. Some stay longer for higher levels (Masters, Doctors, etc.)

But if you're saying that you're off to college, that's awesome. What do you hope to study/specialize in?

6. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

My parents are retired after about 30 years of solid working, starting in London, then comming down South.

The money from EMA will allow me extend my research services through multimedia, and also provides a sort of encouragement towards life.

Basically, part of the money will aid in young enterprise and therefore directly affect education.

:)

Well, I hope to be taking 4 A-Levels:

Maths and the three sciences, but I will also hold an advanced subsidiary level certification in French.

After this, I will continue to university for a degree in either medicine or dentistry.

7. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

Nice. There's a shortage of people who have a strong science background. And medicine/dentistry is very important. I have a lot of respect for the people who are able to complete their education in that field. Very rigorous.

Me? I have a finance degree and do system administration. Which means I can nerd out better than most AND explain it to the management in their terms so they can go about their business.

8. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

Why thank you:)

Business too is essential, and as part of young enterprise, I have to display multi-roles, one of which is either myself or my business associate being an administrator. :)

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've seen some right cheats abusing EMA. Infact me and my girlfriend were the only 2 on our course of 15 who weren't on EMA... And she needed it but because her parents made more than 30k the previous year (down to 14k) she wasn't entitled, whilst some lad had a job and EMA and a couple of others 'cheated' the system.
    Broke system.

But I hope it works well for you.

10. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

Thanks, that reminds me of some people who will abuse the system this year. I don't have a job, my mum was diagnosed with cancer, and post code lottery is crappy, so we're paying for treatment raw :x