I wish AT&T would...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by matt550, Mar 5, 2011.

1. matt550 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think the data plan on such devices like the iPad should be pay as you go, not pay per month. Once you buy your 2gb for $25 you won't get charged again until your 2gb is used up. So it could take 2 months to use it. Just my .02

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It is the way it is.

Unless you have no WiFi around, you will be surprised how you can do without 3G service. I had it for 6 months on my iPad 3G but have WiFi at my office and house and used it seldom. I canceled it and have not missed it one bit. I did crank it back up when on vacation but even with full bar it was S L O W !

WiFi smokes 3G service and that extra speed spoils you! 3G when you have no service is a great thing and I would never own a WiFi only iPad for the few times I want it.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Right... Why are you picking on AT&T? Why not Verizon?

AT&T is more generous than Verizon in terms of pricing and plans. With the exception of unlimited Data, AT&T has been more open than Verizon.

Does Verizon offer rollover minutes? No.
    Does Verizon allow you to upgrade early now? No.

If Verizon did what you said, then AT&T would follow the suit.

4. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Back when the iPad first came out my intention was to get the 3G iPad. after playing with some friends and co-workers WiFi iPads I just couldn't wait, so I went to the apple Store and picked up the WiFi version. I have not regretted the decision at all. Most places I use it have WiFi already and for those that don't I do have a MiFi that I would use when needed with my laptop, and I now carry that around with the iPad since the laptop stays at home mostly now.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I think OP is suggesting that when you buy a 2GB data bucket it should not be time limited too. You should be able to use the 2GB bucket as needed and whether that takes a week or 2 months is of no concern to CellCo. In other words the data doesn't expire until you use all the data.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

That's how I took it as well and I do agree that would be good.

7. matt550 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes, that's what I mean.

8. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

That's some wishful thinking... But it's never going to happen and it's unfortunate. Carriers take advantage of the fact that smartdevices have become a necessity for many and charge as they want. Sure, the network infrastructure needs to be updated but to me this does not justify the ridiculous data plan fees.