I Wish I Could Save SMS Conversations.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BergerFan, Jul 9, 2008.

1. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

... and YouTube app bookmarks. When I first saw the sms conversation feature in the 2007 keynote, I thought that it wouldn't be that useful.
    Upon using it for a good few months, I just love it.
    When I get my 3G, I'll have to add the bookmarks manually, and the chats will be lost.:(

2. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

No you won't. Just sync your iPhone one last time, then restore the settings using that final backup when you get your new iPhone.

Simple.

3. Love Juice macrumors regular

if your phone is jailbroken, backup the sms.db file and possibly in the future, you might be able to do something for it on the 3G. or use some a program like iphone pc suite or something similar to do the same thing, then hope for the best in the future.

when i had to replace my phone last month, b4 i brought it in, i backed up the sms.db file and just placed it into the new phone, and all my old sms' were there =)

4. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

Or he/she can just do as another poster said and sync the phone with iTunes one last time..

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

As long as you sync you iphone, then no matter what iphone you restore those settings to, everything is still there, alarms, SMS, email, wallpaper, etc.

6. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Www.micromat.com click on Syphone under downloads. Export your SMS to XML, text, or PDF. Free tool.