I wish I had gotten the AG Hi Res

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rithem, May 29, 2010.

1. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

I wish I had gotten the AG. I love my current glossy Hi Res but.... the glares are definitely starting to annoy me now. The screen is a bit off center so maybe I can ask the genius when I go to get my dent fixed (for free :cool:) when he sends it out to get replaced if they can put a Hi Res screen on it. And I'm having some GPU problems along with some weird noises so service ticket is going to be a wee bit loaded.

2. calvy macrumors 65816

why are you able to get a dent fixed? Did it come from the box with a dent or something?

I'm not sure if they genius would allow a swap for a different model, but you could definitely return, pay the restocking fee, and buy the anti glare model.

I've got the anti glare 15" high res and love it. I'm quite glad I didn't get the glossy.

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

There's no harm in asking, but as far as I know, Apple will not change your hardware from the shipping spec.

4. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

I dropped it and went to see a genius who said he'll cover the charge because my MBP was less than a week old. He just said to bring it by in the next month or so, which I'm doing this Friday after my finals which require computer notes are done.

Well I can't return it seeing how I bought it at my campus computer store so I'll have to go through them.

Yeah, I was just thinking it can't really hurt. I mean if not, glossy still looks great. I really like the black bezel around the screen.

Just goes to show that I should have done a bit more window shopping comparing glossy and AG before buying. Oh well, I'll get a new MBP in the next few years anyways once I get a job.

5. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Well... You learn the lesson :)

There is numbers of people in this forums says the colour of glossy display pops up more than Matte etc...

Honestly... They are both looks very similar or even the same except the reflection screen which is really SICK (Bad Apple)

PS: Hope you can exchange and pay for the cost of the Matte screen :)

6. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

Bah! Can't put a AG screen on it. Glossy for the next few years it seems like. Crap

7. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

You must be mistaken. If you read the dozens of threads on AG vs. Glossy, the majority of glossy owners insist that the glare is a non-issue. I can recall at least a dozen posts where glossy owners say the glare doesn't bother them or they don't notice or something similar. You just need to drink more glossy kool-aid, that will fix your problem. And you're overlooking the positive. The gorgeous black glass with no edge is such a superior experience to the hideous silver bezel, that it clearly overwhelms any perceived disadvantage from glare on the glossy screen. Which isn't a problem anyway.

8. AttilaTheHun macrumors 6502a

AttilaTheHun

what is your main use of the laptop if just reading than you may be right, but if you like to see some pictures games moveis than the glosy is way much better
    all my life I used to pay extra for the HR AG this time I ordered the glosy one.
    played alot at the Apple store fell in love with the glosy the AG is like dad picture

9. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

I use it mostly for school but I play a lot of games and watch movies on it since I don't really use my TV. I also do photoshop on it a lot also.

10. maker macrumors newbie

i'm sitting outside in the sun enjoying my AG hi res. :)

11. dolphindolphin macrumors regular

12. sh0vel macrumors member

sh0vel

While it might be true for some people, glossy vs matte makes a difference to me. I had a 13" MBP and the gloss was a real bother. Then I got a 2010 15" Hi-Res AG and wow big difference! The anti-glare is MUCH easier on my eyes. Really pleased that I took the chance.

13. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...get it fixed, full disclosure, sell it and get what you want = easy...

14. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

Ouch. That hurt, you sneaky devil.:apple:

15. Vitr macrumors member

Vitr

How about you let the OP form his own opinions. If he finds the reflections annoying, then it is an issue for him. It really doesn't matter what other peoples opinions are. And fyi, I actually love the look of my silver bezel, and I find the AG great for office lighting conditions and any time I'm near a window (not just for outside).

Edit: Sorry, my mistake diablo

16. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

Not read much Jonathan Swift, I presume? Perhaps I was a bit too-subtle, but the Kool-Aid reference is a dead giveaway.

17. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

Ouchers :apple:

Too lazy haha. That means I have to sell it then rebuy another CTO MBP which took me 2 weeks to get in the first place. I can't afford 2-4 weeks without a laptop/desktop replacement in the summer especially when I'm starting an internship soon.