All iPads I wish iPad had LED flash for camera....

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Nothing like a big square shadow when you try to take an item picture for eBay.
-or-
same shadow when trying to read a bar-code for above apps with that feature (ebay again, or my wine info app).

Not trying to make the iPad into a giant camera or flashlight, but in the year I had by iPad, there is quite a few times I wish it had an LED flash(light) as the iphone.

(and yes, sent TC an email, besides Apple a suggestion).

Last edited:

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Nothing like a big square shadow when you try to take an item picture for eBay.
-or-
same shadow when trying to read a bar-code for above apps with that feature (ebay again, or my wine info app).

Not trying to make the iPad into a giant camera or flashlight, but in the year I had by iPad, there is quite a few times I wish it had an LED flash(light) as the phone is not ideal every time.

(and yes, sent TC an email, besides Apple a suggestion).
Yeah. The motorola xoom, galaxy note 10.1 and nexus 10 all have flashes. Would be nice if the ipad had one too.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Never gave that much thought as I never use my iPad to take ics I only use my phone. But I could see this being helpful.

.Asa

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!
I would love to see a flash on the iPad mainly for flashlight use, because the iPad's battery would actually be able to power it for a long period, unlike the iPhone with dies after 30 minutes or so with the flashlight on.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Is it just me or does it sound silly to use an ipad for a flashlight.... Or even a camera at that.....

Epiphron

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Is it just me or does it sound silly to use an ipad for a flashlight.... Or even a camera at that.....
well i find it useful for things like scanning a document or scanning a picture for ebay like the OP. A bigger view frame is always helpful :apple:

vidafly

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2013
yeah,i think so,unlike the iPhone with dies after 30 minutes or so with the flashlight on.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah, my old Xoom has a flashlight and it came out before the iPad 2 did. It's a dual flash matter of fact lol. Rarely use it but its nice to know its there when you need it.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I see people on beaches and other places using iPads as a camera… seems kind of stupid since most of them have cameras or iPhones.