Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

auzzuro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
just got my iphone 6 plus .. i find it too tall how i wish it get wider instead

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
It doesn't need to be wider, it need to be less tall.
But they want to keep the phone symmetrical so as long as the home button will be there we will have the same space on the top, even if the camera and the speaker need 1/4 of that space

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'd have to disagree, I'm able to hold it easily in one hand. Making it wider would mean it would be that much more awkward in one hand.

Reactions: AJsAWiz and Orka

placidity44

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2015
Wider? I wouldn't buy it if it was wider it's already pretty wide. I can agree with the statement that the bezels should be reduced to reduce height but wider?

Reactions: Orka

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
It is about the same size as other phones with screen sizes matching the 6+.

Lol gotta disagree here. The 6+ is huge, for its size. That's due to the over size bezels. The LG G3 has a 5.5in display but it's actually smaller than the Plus. The Note 4 actually has a larger display than the plus but it's a shorter device. I love my 6+ but I seriously hope Apple eases up on the bezels. They can keep the screen size but significantly shrink the device. If LG and Samsung can do it, why can't Apple?

soupcan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2014
Netherlands
Lol gotta disagree here. The 6+ is huge, for its size. That's due to the over size bezels. The LG G3 has a 5.5in display but it's actually smaller than the Plus. The Note 4 actually has a larger display than the plus but it's a shorter device. I love my 6+ but I seriously hope Apple eases up on the bezels. They can keep the screen size but significantly shrink the device. If LG and Samsung can do it, why can't Apple?
Home button. It takes up space underneath the screen and in order for it to look pretty to us the top is also that same size. With the Force Touch hardware rumored to be going in I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone 7/Air/whatever will get rid of the home button allowing for a way smaller bezel.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
It doesn't need to be wider, it need to be less tall.
But they want to keep the phone symmetrical so as long as the home button will be there we will have the same space on the top, even if the camera and the speaker need 1/4 of that space

Hit the nail right on the head. It's that stupid home button that's keeping the top and bottom bezels so big. The last thing this phone needs is to be wider. But it can definitely shrink in length.

jigzaw

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
It's already too wide. I'm avoiding the Plus size because it's too clumsy to handle for my average-sized hands.

Reactions: ABC5S

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

I am positive that Apple is using wide bezels just to tick off it's customers. :eek:

auzzuro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
that right ... why cant apple do it .. making it wider good for watching movie and play games .. beside many android company usually make it wider... it a sweet spot

spacemnspiff

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
MD
The oversized bezel comment is misleading. As someone else mentioned, the width is dictated by the screen size, any other phone with the same screen size has similar width as the 6+. Its just the height that's different. I would be more precise when I state that 6+ has oversized bezels, which is not true for all dimensions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.