i wish iphone 6 plus get wider instead of taller

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by auzzuro, Jun 10, 2015.

1. auzzuro macrumors regular

just got my iphone 6 plus .. i find it too tall how i wish it get wider instead

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

It is about the same size as other phones with screen sizes matching the 6+.

Why do you think it should be wider. Pretty sure you will be in the minority but everyone has the right to "wish"!

3. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

4. recoil80 macrumors 68000

It doesn't need to be wider, it need to be less tall.
    But they want to keep the phone symmetrical so as long as the home button will be there we will have the same space on the top, even if the camera and the speaker need 1/4 of that space

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd have to disagree, I'm able to hold it easily in one hand. Making it wider would mean it would be that much more awkward in one hand.

6. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

Wider? I wouldn't buy it if it was wider it's already pretty wide. I can agree with the statement that the bezels should be reduced to reduce height but wider?

7. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

8. L-Tuned macrumors regular

9. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Lol gotta disagree here. The 6+ is huge, for its size. That's due to the over size bezels. The LG G3 has a 5.5in display but it's actually smaller than the Plus. The Note 4 actually has a larger display than the plus but it's a shorter device. I love my 6+ but I seriously hope Apple eases up on the bezels. They can keep the screen size but significantly shrink the device. If LG and Samsung can do it, why can't Apple?

10. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

Home button. It takes up space underneath the screen and in order for it to look pretty to us the top is also that same size. With the Force Touch hardware rumored to be going in I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone 7/Air/whatever will get rid of the home button allowing for a way smaller bezel.

11. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Hit the nail right on the head. It's that stupid home button that's keeping the top and bottom bezels so big. The last thing this phone needs is to be wider. But it can definitely shrink in length.

12. jigzaw macrumors 6502

It's already too wide. I'm avoiding the Plus size because it's too clumsy to handle for my average-sized hands.

13. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

So you like girth?

14. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Maybe the op would like the 6. Its not as tall so more astetically suited to his taste? That is what i use and love it.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I am positive that Apple is using wide bezels just to tick off it's customers. :eek:

16. tinapanpan macrumors newbie

tinapanpan

17. auzzuro thread starter macrumors regular

that right ... why cant apple do it .. making it wider good for watching movie and play games .. beside many android company usually make it wider... it a sweet spot

18. Ethos Evoss macrumors regular

Ethos Evoss

u wouldn't hold it in hand then .. now it is difficult to hold..

19. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

The oversized bezel comment is misleading. As someone else mentioned, the width is dictated by the screen size, any other phone with the same screen size has similar width as the 6+. Its just the height that's different. I would be more precise when I state that 6+ has oversized bezels, which is not true for all dimensions.