Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
One thing that I miss in my MBP is the look of screen, even though the MBA screen resolution is better I hate the Aluminum edges/boundaries, Black Glossy Edges looks a lot better, are there any skins to cover the Aluminum on the MBA screen?

0x000000

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2011
One thing that I miss in my MBP is the look of screen, even though the MBA screen resolution is better I hate the Aluminum edges/boundaries, Black Glossy Edges looks a lot better, are there any skins to cover the Aluminum on the MBA screen?

I was expecting this for quite a while but I suppose it won't happen anytime soon. Maybe the next generation will have it, now that Apple builds these laminated screens. Who knows.

Jaykee

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2012
England
I totally agree with you, the black outline also looks better to me, unfortunately I dont think there is anything on the market that does it, but you could always make one yourself and get it printed as a sticker, pretty sure theres services for that.

tiwizard

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
This is the only black bezel sticker I have managed to find, but supposedly they won't ship to the USA...

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
The look doesn't bother me as much as the lost screen real state taken by a thick bezel. The saving grace is that thin black gasket that surrounds it and the stealth (cool!) FaceTime status light.

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
This is the only black bezel sticker I have managed to find, but supposedly they won't ship to the USA...

this thing is sweet , I might have to call a friend in the UK to buy it and then ship it to me

Thanks

----------

Also the camera does suck lol, with my MBP i could use the camera in the dark and it was just fine, not with this camera.. not the end of the world but weird thought it would be better

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I'm on the other side - I love the look of the aluminum trim. It's high end and classy. I think it's because I used to have multiple MBPs with hi-res anti-glare screens and that's a pretty sweet premium over the standard MBP and signifies it's the high end model.

Carouser

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2010
The look doesn't bother me as much as the lost screen real state taken by a thick bezel.

The bezel doesn't 'take' any real estate away from the screen. A larger screen simply wouldn't work in the same housing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.