I wish MBA had this...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by whoknows87, Oct 18, 2012.

1. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

One thing that I miss in my MBP is the look of screen, even though the MBA screen resolution is better I hate the Aluminum edges/boundaries, Black Glossy Edges looks a lot better, are there any skins to cover the Aluminum on the MBA screen?

2. 0x000000 macrumors 6502

I was expecting this for quite a while but I suppose it won't happen anytime soon. Maybe the next generation will have it, now that Apple builds these laminated screens. Who knows.

3. Jaykee macrumors member

I totally agree with you, the black outline also looks better to me, unfortunately I dont think there is anything on the market that does it, but you could always make one yourself and get it printed as a sticker, pretty sure theres services for that.

4. tiwizard macrumors regular

This is the only black bezel sticker I have managed to find, but supposedly they won't ship to the USA...

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

The look doesn't bother me as much as the lost screen real state taken by a thick bezel. The saving grace is that thin black gasket that surrounds it and the stealth (cool!) FaceTime status light.

6. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

this thing is sweet , I might have to call a friend in the UK to buy it and then ship it to me

Thanks

----------

Also the camera does suck lol, with my MBP i could use the camera in the dark and it was just fine, not with this camera.. not the end of the world but weird thought it would be better

7. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I'm on the other side - I love the look of the aluminum trim. It's high end and classy. I think it's because I used to have multiple MBPs with hi-res anti-glare screens and that's a pretty sweet premium over the standard MBP and signifies it's the high end model.

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Wow, I also like this. I am seriously considering having my friend in the UK bring one for me next time she visits.

9. Spoonz macrumors member

Wow that actually looks pretty good, tempted since I'm in Europe...

10. Carouser macrumors 65816

The bezel doesn't 'take' any real estate away from the screen. A larger screen simply wouldn't work in the same housing.