I wish there was a guide

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JakRox, Dec 8, 2010.

1. JakRox macrumors member

I don't mean an iPad guide.
    What I mean is a guide showing all the amazing ways you can use your iPad. I read post of people that use the iPad in combination with apps to manage task I'd love to do, but I can't imagine how that's done. I guess I'm taking about a guide that shows you all the ways you can integrate the iPad into your daily lives more than just browsing the web, checking email and watching videos. I want my iPad to be the monster device that handles it all! I just don't know how to get it there, yet. I'm learning and picking up more every day. I think it's just amazing the things you can accomplish with the iPad. I hardly ever touch my laptop or netbook any longer. Simple and Easy is the iPad. I think that should be in Apples next TV ads! :D

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

How can someone produce a guide for what you are asking? Everyone's usage and experiences are different. I am a meteorologist and my uses would be much different from someone who is an author or an engineer.

It's all about what Apps you choose to use.

3. JakRox thread starter macrumors member

Wow...You took that a little more serious than I meant. It was kind of a wish, you know, something that doesn't exist, but would be nice if it did. Genie in a bottle kind of thing.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If you're not looking for this:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/guided-tours/

Then you want something that TELLS you how to use your ipad? Shouldn't you figure that out yourself? Making the ipad personal is well...kind of personal.

5. mstrze macrumors 68000

Jakrox...

I think the best thing for you to do is to spend an hour or so trolling the iTunes Apps section looking for various Apps that would either interest you or help you do whatever it is you do more efficiently. You'll get there...

6. JakRox thread starter macrumors member

I know how to use the features of the iPad. I was remarking more about the ways apps, and everyday task and tricks people use are interesting and I wish I had that knowledge.

7. JakRox thread starter macrumors member

Thanks... That's usually do every day. For instance, I've learned to use an RSS reader instead of going to each individual site for my daily fixes of certain sites.

8. Simonkey75 macrumors newbie

Simonkey75

The best option is to trawl the net for iPad tutorials - there must be quite a big stock of them built up by now, and a fair share of those would feature utilizing the iPad and available Apps in interesting and productive ways. Poss. YouTube etc as well.

The major Apple-oriented mags will probably cover similar tips and tricks.

Plus, might be worth checking bookstores - paper and virtual - may be some O'Reilly type books covering new ways to use it.

Time and experience will play a part though - I'm still discovering amazing new things about the iPad every day. It'll also help in narrowing down your searches for the specific info and tips you're after.

Hope this helps! I'll post a later reply as and when I come across stuff along the lines you're looking for.

9. Fulcrom macrumors newbie

What i do with my Ipad let see -------- Everything, oh yea and there's an App for That to. But seriously, strange i dont really do lots of web surfing on the pad, shopping, TV, maps, all my company task, all email & calender tasks, setup and follow all my project,, quick billing, monitor four company websites SugarSync for company, Drop Box for fun, operate a non profit , like i said everything, but the best of all gaming.

10. HBOC macrumors 68020

I never thought i would buy an iPad, but since Apple is going to have my MBP for about 2 weeks, I figured i would try one out.

Man this thing is pretty cool. I hadn't even touched one before last Wednesday. EA had (may still have one) a sale on all their games. I picked up yahtzee, scrabble, simcity deluxe, battlefield bad company 2 (even though it is for the iPhone/iPod), all for .99 each.

I would like to find an app that works amazing for eBay. I eBay quite a bit, and the "regular" eBay site works perfect, EXCEPT for the little fact that i cannot add a description. For some reason, ebay doesn't recognize the iPad...

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you try the eBay app? Sorry, don't do eBay so don't know how good the app is, just that there is one.

12. nepolean77 macrumors newbie

personal setup

personal setup is all trial and error I go through all the options available and see where i can link it into the business and security system etc what I cannot work out I just search the question through google or ask on the forum,plenty of info online now for the Ipad