I wish there was a sticky...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by WDymond, Apr 17, 2012.

1. WDymond macrumors newbie

I'm new to the Mac OS, but learning my way around quickly enough. One skill set I'd like to develop would be simple video editing, with the target audiance being friends & family along with YoutTube content. What software would you all recommend for piecing together 10-15 minutes videos, with basic synced audio? I'd also like to be able to do some custom titles, credits, etc. If it did simple special effects (scrolling text, text bubbles, etc,) that'd be nice as well. The source video would be general iPhone video, and video recorded from my iMac's desktop.

I'd like to keep the price around $50-$100. I'm certainly open to using more than one software application should that be the best option to (for example one to do the credits / title, and another to piece the video together.) I would prefer to avoid an application that has so many features I'd never use as to create a complex process and lengthy learning phase.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Have you tried iMovie? It comes standard on every Mac.

Lethal

3. simsaladimbamba

iMovie can do most of it, it comes with every Mac. For custom titles you can use Motion (available via Mac App Store (MAS)), though it can do much more.

4. WDymond thread starter macrumors newbie

5. floh macrumors 6502

Yep, this exact combination would get a vote from me, too! In the price range 50-100$, you won't easily find a nicer NLE than iMovie. And if you want fancier titles and effects, Motion is cheap and very easy to learn. And surprisingly powerful...