Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
One of my favorite things about the Watch is the three ring animation that happens when you close your rings each day. It's like a splash or Red, Blue, and Green and it just looks gorgeous. What I hate though is when you get more then one badge, you don't get to see the animations. It usually happens with the Move goal if you are on a move streak, but today, for example, has 4 or more different badges they give you for completing the tasks. I finished my August challenge today and I didn't get a nice animation for it. I got the national challenge badge today and it just came in on a text.

I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I wish on days where more than one badge was given, you could actually see the animation as if it was the only badge given. I want the watch to celebrate me making my August Challenge because it's positive reinforcement (And isn't that why we bought the watch, other than to tell time and what have you). If they have these badges, it would be nice to make them a bigger deal when you actually get them.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I’d love to be able to view both sides of the badge without scrolling one view partially off the screen :)

I’m worried that animations would slow the performance of older model watches as the OS continues to evolve. Frankly, I’d like to see significant improvements in battery technology, packaging n life for heavy 3 day use of connectivity n say 10hr total voice call talk-time cellular/5hrs Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
More animations on a regular basis means more battery usage. I may be in the minority but, I don’t need the badge or ring animations. I can look at them and see my stats without the animation.

But it's not regular. It's once or twice a day, at different times of the day. Maybe we don't need animations for everything, but something bigger on the monthly challenges than just a simple notification would be nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.