I wonder if.....

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by sudosu, Jul 18, 2011.

  1. sudosu macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2011
    #1
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    ....apple are gonna hold back on lion til the very end of the month, just to see how many dev accounts they can sell.

    "10000 new developers this quarter" imagine how good that sounds in a conference call
     
  2. johnydecali macrumors member

    johnydecali

    Joined:
    May 16, 2011
    Location:
    Walnut Creek, CA
    #2
    that does sound good :(
     
  3. mende1 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2010
    Location:
    Toledo, Spain
    #3
    I don't think so, because Lion is Golden Master and buy a subscription for the Mac Developer Program now would spend money for nothing (access to developer builds of 10.7.1, 10.7.2... ;)?). Lion will come out this week or next week, and I can wait for it :).
     
  4. Icaras macrumors 603

    Icaras

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2008
    Location:
    California, United States
    #4
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Next week is the end of the month...
     
  5. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #5
    I think the delay is less to do with developers signing up but more about the bugs that have been reported with the GM. Just look here in this forum and people have reported a fair amount of issues.
     
  6. macmongral macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2011
    #6
    IMHO

    I think there will be a release this week of a second GM to many bugs , I have reported more for the GM than the DP4 safari is buggy scroll back on any form and look closely the last post is missing scroll back more then forward its back

    it does it on other sites but it is most noticeable on forums , it does not load the page correctly

    just my 0.02 cents FWIW
     
  7. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2011
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    #7
    Plus it seems like a high percentage steal the software anyway. Apple will not wait just to sell more $99 developer accounts.
     
  8. admanimal macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2005
    #8
    No, they aren't.
     
  9. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2011
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY
    #9
    I'm skeptical about a GM2, maybe 10.7.1 will go out for testing on the developer channel on launch day
     
  10. Cougarcat macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2003
    #10
    They'd have to release that in the next day or two, or Lion won't make a July release. IMO release this week with 10.7.1 ten days later is more likely.
     
  11. xgman macrumors 601

    xgman

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2007
    #11
    On the other hand, some app incompatibility could be viewed by some users as Apple bugs and Apple may be hoping that more updates to apps to run on Lion will come between now and when they pull the plug and therefore less aggravation.

    In any case, if they do have an update to the GM, I doubt they will push it out as anything but the final code at this late stage.
     
  12. sudosu thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2011
    #12
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Btw i am aware Apple are going to realease lion when they feel it's time to and they were ready. I just think it's funny how many people have bought dev accounts just to get there hands on the GM.
     
  13. monaarts macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2010
    Location:
    Kennesaw, GA
    #13
    Apple has never really cared much about useless stats. You never hear Apple say how many iTunes account they have, you only hear about how many iTunes account with CC info they have. I think they haven't released it for one of two reasons:

    #1. They want to release it on a date they have already planned out for a while.

    #2. They have it ready to go but are holding off while they update some of the bugs. I don't mean they are going to have the bugs fixed when released but instead they will release an update 1-2 weeks after launch to fix those bugs. If they didn't start working on it 1-2 weeks before releasing 10.7.0 it would have taken them a month to get 10.7.1 out. ;-)

    Those are my two guesses, but to be honest, I'm leaning toward #2 the most.
     
  14. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2011
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    #14
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Do you really think they paid $99 for a $30 product? The more realistic view is most pirated the software. If you could make an anonymous poll I would bet the percentage would be 75% or higher.
     
  15. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2011
    #15
    Current GM is "the" one

    The difference with this OS (Lion) is if the new MBA's are going to coincide with its release. I'm sure a gazillion Airs are already loaded with the current GM and are getting ready some major distribution.

    Even if it weren't for the rumored MBA's, I'd say a GM2 wouldn't happen anyway. In the grand scheme of things (i.e., The massive wheels of Apple) Lion is good enough as is for 10 days or so.
     

Share This Page