I wonder what phone Scott Forstall is using these days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Razeus, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Razeus, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013

Razeus macrumors 601

I read this artcile on Windows Phone head that he no longer uses a Windows phone (probably out spite?). I guess the phone wasn't all that, if it was, he'd still be using it.

http://www.androidcentral.com/steven-sinofsky-says-he-carries-htc-one

I wonder what Scott Forstall is using these days. :eek::p

2. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

i'm guessing iphone 5 with ios 6. and won't be upgrading to ios 7 when it comes out :D

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Excuse my ignorance but what does Scott forstall have to do with any of this?

4. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

He used to work for Apple and was a major proponent of the much debated "skeuomorphism" which is supposedly going to be removed in iOS 7.

He used to be an high ranking Apple employee, so he obviously used an iPhone, but now that he has been kicked out, the OP is wondering if he uses an iPhone, WP8, or Android. He may feel malice towards Apple for firing him, so he wouldn't use an iPhone, and if he still does use an iPhone, it is suspected he will not upgrade to iOS 7 because it supposedly won't have his signature skeuomorphic features.

It ties into the article because the head (or former head) of WP8 doesn't even use the phone OS he develops/developed, and the OP wants to know if Forstall uses the phone OS he helped shape and develop.

GET IT? Explaining stuff ruins everything. Reading comprehension is your best friend! :rolleyes:

5. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

Also, the head of Google, Eric Schmidt, he still uses his old school Blackberry.

6. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Well BB's are the de-facto business phone, however that seems to be shifting more everyday.

No one ever seems to talk about BB anymore, you either use iOS or Android, or if you're hip and different, WP8. Haven't seen a single post on this whole site about BB10.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

That's changing rapidly too. WP8, specifically Nokia, is attacking the budget market full force. You can get an off contract WP8 device that runs buttery smooth for $150 (or less) that does most everything the flagship devices do. I think the most growth WP8 has seen has been in emerging markets, and for good reason. Cheap off contract phones for the states too.

8. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Most people who get budget smartphones use them as feature phones (in my experience at least) so they won't notice the lack of apps (especially Google apps)
    For people who need apps and the other staples of smartphones, I don't think WP8 is quite there yet. Unless they've gotten better apps since the last I've heard, I don't know.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Their apps have grown vastly, even since I last (heavily) used it at the beginning of the year. A lot of the super popular apps are now on all three platforms. Some of them on Windows Phone are provided via a third party but, interestingly enough, a lot of the third party apps are nicer than first party renditions. A lot of the first parties seemingly regurgitate Android/iOS apps while the third party will use all the fun APIs MS has provided, thus making the app look more fluid with the Windows Phone theme. It certainly has a ways to go, but I think MS is committed to get it there. Android was there once too, and has certainly caught up. One thing that WP8 has that nobody else has is a really good office suite.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "feature" phone, though. I always considered a feature phone as one for texting, messaging, and ultra light internet/email. Windows Phone does all of those very well and very fluidly. Lack of apps, IMO, does not constitute the devices as feature phones.

10. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

No need for the comment at the end. Some people don't have time to follow everything to do with Apple...

11. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

iphone 5 w/ iOS 6.1.2 and evasi0n 1.5.3.

flaticons theme :D

12. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

It is needed actually. I got all of that information from the original post, except that Forestall likes skeumorphism and worked for Apple, which should be common knowledge here, especially to a MacRumors "demigod." :rolleyes:

so reading comprehension IS needed, your post proved my point again.

People need to learn to gleam information contained in things they read and comprehend it ;)

13. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

if you don't know scott forestall has worked for apple then you won't understand this thread - and as you have said, there is no information on him here.

a "demigod" only means that he has contributed financially to macrumors. it doesnt mean he reads every single peace of article on apple's management decisions.

i couldn't care less who forestall is.. i buy and comment on apple's products not on the people who create them.