I wonder why......................

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cogsinister, Sep 21, 2007.

1. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

Everywhere in the world of online Applestores that quote a shipping time, the time for Macbooks is 24 hours......

Exept here in Canada......where it is 1 to 2 days !!!:mad:

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

Come on, everyone knows that there are no roads in Canada :D

3. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

That's because Canada Post takes two days to open your mail and play with whatever is inside.

4. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

so just order it from the Australian store, they will ship it from the future thus you'll get it in 24 hr rather than the stated 48 hrs.

sorry, it's been another 90 hr week.

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

It's probably because it ships from somewhere in the US, or on one side of Canada (maybe West Coast). Other than that, my guess is maybe they do something additional (like extra papers are put into the box) or something, which delays your notebook from being shipped out by a few hours, hence they write "1-2" days. Although, I feel obligated to tell you that 1 day is equal to 24 hours, so you're probably going to have the same ship time as someone in the US.

6. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

iMacs ship in 2-4 days but I am on the 7th working day now and mine hasn’t shipped, the worst part is when I placed the order I was told the iMac would be here in 2-4 days and the iPod Touch would follow but when I check my orders page they are set to ship together on the 28th and take 8 to 9 working days to arrive at my door,

What pisses me off is my brother phoned apple care up for a replacement battery and magsafe part of his charger for his MBP on Monday and they both arrived on the Tuesday

7. Red Sox macrumors regular

The reason it takes longer is because Apple has to take a US version of the iMac and load a special Canadian OSX that adds the word, "eh" to the end of sentences.

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I believe the Maple Syrup Matrix also takes a few hours to load;):D

9. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

:D:D

That was great! Thanks for making me smile!