I work 08 transfer file to a windows computer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tusinator, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Tusinator macrumors newbie

Tusinator

How do I transfer files from I work 08 to a windows computer?
    when I send the file in my e-mail or I save it to a flash drive I click the check box that says for format to windows computer then when I try to open it on the windows computer says file not there.

Plzz help me

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

what is the exact error message you are getting? application not found type? or the file is actually missing?

3. Tusinator thread starter macrumors newbie

Tusinator

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

iWork files are not files exactly, they are folders. If you zip the iWork file, you can copy it to the PC and e-mail it without problems. Of course you can't do anything with it on Windows except store it. Might be helpful to know what you actually attempting to accomplish.

5. psychotropic macrumors regular

This may help...

What I do is export the Iwork file into a word file. This can be done by going into file and selecting export. This allows you to pick the format you want. This is how I have done it, and it seems to work just fine. Yes its another step, but it allows windows users to open the document.

6. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

For starters, there is no 'real' iWork '08 files. There are "Keynote", "Pages", or "Numbers" files.

So which one is it? Regardless unless you want to store it on a windows box the best thing to do is what IJ Reilly said and 'zip' the document up.

Otherwise you'll need to export it in whatever flavor you wish.

7. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Thanks for this. I was getting a bit upset by the third appearance of "iWork File".

Either way, just go to File, Export, then choose the file format you want to save in as pertaining to you application of choice.

Pages Docs --> Word/PDF/RTF
    Keynote --> Power Point/Flash/Quicktime
    Numbers --> Excel/etc.

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Well I do believe that all files produced by the iWork applications have one thing in common: they are packages (folders) not files. So for e-mailing they have that common issue, potentially. We still don't know what the OP was trying to do with these files on Windows, so it may not be entirely fair to complain about the generalization.

9. Tusinator thread starter macrumors newbie

Tusinator

"Pages Docs --> Word/PDF/RTF
    Keynote --> Power Point/Flash/Quicktime
    Numbers --> Excel/etc.[/QUOTE]

thank you for telling me this what I needed to know thank you

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

For future reference, clearly stated questions get the fastest and clearest answers.