i-work and unicode

Mr. Monsieur

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
hey folks...i'm trying to decide on a unicode enabled word processor and was on the verge of purchasing mellel, when i-work appeared...i can't find anything on the apple site that discusses whether or not i-work supports unicode fonts...can anyone tell me? and please let the answer be yes...otherwise i'm going to be really, really disappointed in steve...

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
I've entered both simplified and traditional Chinese characters in Pages, using various fonts. I haven't tried to open any one else's Chinese docs, but since the imput is problem-free, I assume Unicode would not be a problem.

Nisus is also great for Asian imput...as is Apple Works.

Mr. Monsieur

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
thanks for the responses...

I have iWork 05, i dont know what unicode is but if you could explan it to me and give me a link or whatever i need to test it i would do that asap and respond to you.
Solaafa...i appreciate your kind offer...but i'm pretty sure i've got my answer-i think iwork is unicode enabled...you can learn about unicode here: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode> it is definitely something worth learning about...especially if you're ever going to have to deal with different languages

I've entered both simplified and traditional Chinese characters in Pages, using various fonts. I haven't tried to open any one else's Chinese docs, but since the imput is problem-free, I assume Unicode would not be a problem.

Nisus is also great for Asian imput...as is Apple Works.
appleworks, though, does *not* support unicode (one of its many achilles heels!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.