Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tony71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and I would like introduce myself.

I live in S.Cali and I work in IT. When you work in IT, depending what your job is you are either very busy or you have alot of downtime. Well, I had alot of downtime and during that time I came up with an idea for a game for my iPhone.

So I decided to build it, and it sure was a fun roller coaster ride building it, it has been very fun!

I thought that was the hard part, building the game but it seems the hard part is to get the word out about the game. I have had my friends try it and they love it, but then they are friends so you know they may not give you the real opinion they have of the game. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I thought why not post about the game here and have people I do not know try it and rate it and if any feedback about the game , either positive or negative would be welcome so I can work towards the updates.

It is free so you have nothing to lose, I think you may even get caught up in the game trying to finishing it. :D Trust me it does get harder with each level. When I was testing it, it took me several days trying to finish level 18 and 20.

I hope you guys give it a try and I hope you enjoy it.

The name of the game is Balancing Ball

http://itunes.com/apps/BalancingBall

Tony F Sepassi

barredfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2012
Welcome to MacRumors, Tony.

I am downloading your app as I type this and I will try it out. Give me a second and I'll give you a full run-down of what I think. Have a good day. :)

EDIT:

I've had the chance to play your game, and I gave up upon finding level 18 seemingly impossible to complete. Nevertheless, I think it's a great game, albeit unoriginal. Kept me busy for the better half of lunch.

Points to note, though:

- You should remove the 'Menu' text next to the home icon. It takes up screen real estate, which is very precious on the iPhone, as well as makes it simpler.

- Remove all the icons on the screen altogether and make it visible only when the screen is tapped, immersing the player fully into the game.

- Put the home icon in the top right hand corner and organize the rest of the icons neatly at the top. I have a slight case of OCD and I found this to be very annoying. :p

- Have more settings, including custom wallpapers and the ability to listen to music from the iPod app. The repeated loop was quite annoying after some time.

Apart from that, great app and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!

Last edited:

brandyboot

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2012
im not really good with balancing.. but since it is a free app, so why not? i'll take advantage of it.. thanks for sharing! :D

tony71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Thank you!

Notes taken, will working on removing the icon for the next update.

I know level 18 is hard but it can be finished, with a little strategy and balance it can be done. :)

Welcome to MacRumors, Tony.

I am downloading your app as I type this and I will try it out. Give me a second and I'll give you a full run-down of what I think. Have a good day. :)

EDIT:

I've had the chance to play your game, and I gave up upon finding level 18 seemingly impossible to complete. Nevertheless, I think it's a great game, albeit unoriginal. Kept me busy for the better half of lunch.

Points to note, though:

- You should remove the 'Menu' text next to the home icon. It takes up screen real estate, which is very precious on the iPhone, as well as makes it simpler.

- Remove all the icons on the screen altogether and make it visible only when the screen is tapped, immersing the player fully into the game.

- Put the home icon in the top right hand corner and organize the rest of the icons neatly at the top. I have a slight case of OCD and I found this to be very annoying. :p

- Have more settings, including custom wallpapers and the ability to listen to music from the iPod app. The repeated loop was quite annoying after some time.

Apart from that, great app and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!

----------

Enjoy! Please rate it too.

Thanks.

im not really good with balancing.. but since it is a free app, so why not? i'll take advantage of it.. thanks for sharing! :D

tony71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
I doubt it can get any more realistic than it is now. It depends what kind of ball too, in the game it is suppose to be pinball type of ball.

Yeah, the movement of the ball doesn't seem realistic. Try holding a real ball on a plate. It's just different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.