i would like some advice please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chrisM022, Jun 12, 2010.

1. chrisM022 macrumors newbie

hi guys,

well were to start... last july i bought a uni body macbook pro all was ok up untill the beggining of april. i had a problem where the macbook wouldn't turn on took it into the apple store they fixed it. however when i got it home i noticed the speaker was crackley. took it back in they said the subwoofer had broke. i couldnt put it in for repair at this point because i was nearing the end of uni and i had a lot of deadlines i need the macbook for. how ever a few weeks after this i turned the macbook on one morning and the track pad wouldnt work i took this in and again they fixed it.

on wednesday i finally finished uni so i took it in to the store to fix the speaker and again they fixed it how ever i have just tried putting a cd in my drive and the drive dosnt suck up the disk i assume is another problem apple have caused when they have been repairing my macbook.

so my question is what right do i have to a replacement? the macbook is less then a year old. if it is possible how would i go about convincing them to give a new one as im getting annoyed at having to take it into the apple store every few weeks

thanks in advance

chris

2. revbarabbas macrumors regular

If it's been in for more than 3 unrelated problems you can try to invoke the "lemon law". I did it with my iBook G3 back when they had a logic board replacement warranty extension and I had to get the logic board replaced 3 times...I called up apple said "Lemon Law" and they sent me a brand new iBook. You might not have the same luck but if you flat out refuse to accept anything other than a new computer they will eventually comply.

Threaten to go to the Better Business Bureau and be totally unreasonable with them...they will eventually cave in...it all comes down to how far you are willing to go...

3. steveca macrumors 6502

i hate it when these things happen but mat is right. They will probably give you a replacement

4. chrisM022 thread starter macrumors newbie

its not so much that there unrelated problems its the fact that when they repair it another problem seems to crop up when i get it back from the shop

thanks for your advice guys