I would like thank the U.S...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sneakz, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

for a falling dollar so I can now afford a 17" MacBook Pro. It looks like several international stores got a price drop. In Canada, the 17" MBP dropped a whopping $300.

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Good for you!!

Now make sure you open every app. you can and watch three windows of HD YouTube so that 17" badboy can help warm your ass this winter.:p

3. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

About that... would it be to my advantage to buy a new MBP from the Canadian store (with the education discount) or buy it from the US store?

4. Sneakz thread starter macrumors 65816

Sneakz

What province?

5. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Warranty would only apply in the country you bought it in. That's a big enough reason for me to stay in Canada and use my education discount.

6. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

7. djvic87 macrumors regular

8. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Actually, now that I look closely, the price would be the same if I were to buy it from the Canadian store. It's $1199 with the education discount, and from the US store, I would still pay $1199 since my discount isn't applicable. Only difference would be the exchange rate I guess...

9. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I would like to take this time to thank Canada for maple syrup and the word "eh".

Then I would like to scourn you for Celine Dion.

10. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

:eek: Wow, what went wrong there? Thank God I'm looking to buy the 13 inch. :p

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

That's going to be my new avatar. ROFLS.

12. fibrizo macrumors 6502

fibrizo

No apple has it all wrong! :) They should have jacked up the prices more internationally... To promote tourism to the US lol for Macbook Tours.

13. 1creator macrumors member

I just got off the phone with customer support here in Canada. I placed my order for a 2.26 MBP yesterday, it was priced at 1299 with the Education discount. Today the price is 1199 with the Education discount.

After 45 mins of holding and speaking to the rep, she tells me she is not sure why there is a price difference.

She said there was no information that was brought to her attention about a change in price for the canadian store.

I told her it was because of the currency exchange rate, she then tells me that they do not adjust prices based on recent exchange rates and I duno what.

After being put on hold for another 15 minutes, she still had no idea why I had a different price.

Bottom line, my first experience with apple customer care was horrible and it took ages for her to finally say that she will issue me the credit.

Lets just hope my experience with my first mac aren't the same.

14. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I would also like to thank Canada, for well, being alive...and 2nd, The Trailer Park Boys :eek:

15. Dekimasu macrumors regular

AppleCare applies worldwide for laptops AFAIK. I had my computer repaired twice in Japan on American AppleCare, no questions asked. And whatever other nice things they might do for you when you're off AppleCare at their own discretion, they'll do regardless of where you bought the computer. I got a free iBook G3 adapter when I brought in mine, which was sparking. They called it "vintage parts service".

16. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

I would like to thank Canada for providing material to make fun of, i.e. southpark.