I would like to buy two displays

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by piatti, Feb 10, 2012.

1. piatti macrumors 6502a

piatti

I think I want to buy something like two 20inch or thereabouts and then put them sideways so that I can have the spacious screen height. Which screens are possible to put sideways and would display sideways?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Most of the Dell monitors can be "Portrait"-oriented.

3. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

Ok. If I wanted a dell monitor that looked as well as or nearly as well as the Apple display what should I buy? Does IPS display make movies more vivid?

4. charliex5, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

charliex5 macrumors regular

I agree with getting a Dell monitor. I have the U2311H and it is stunning. Its amazing for photo editing and graphics as the color reproduction is great once its calibrated. It also swivels pretty much any way you would want it to.

Nothing is going to look as beautiful as an Apple monitor but the Dell's look decent. The quality of the plastic and how it is shaped doesn't look cheap and unlike most Dell products has a nice minimal quality to it that looks like they actually put some thought into it. I'm an architecture student and part-time professional photographer so as stupid as it may be product design is a close second behind functionality for me. They have a fairly thinnish black border around the screen which isn't distracting and the control buttons are integrated into it so they don't stand out much at all. In a dimly lit room you can't really see them at all, just the blue power light in the bottom right corner.