I would like your opinion on this guys

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mxelre, Jul 18, 2008.

1. mxelre macrumors member

mxelre

Essentially I'm supposed to buy my macbook pro on July 26th. If it's not on the 26th it's gonna be on the 22nd of august but that leaves me no time at all to get use to it before starting school. I heard and read about the MBP update coming soon, and I was wondering what would you guys do? Wait at least for July 29th(tuesday) and see if apple comes out with a new MBP, thus buying it in August or buy right away. On top of that, I don't even know if the BTS offer will work with new merchandise...

Thx for your opinions!:cool:

2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Just wait, osx doesnt take "long" to get used to. Even if your not familiar with it, it took my mom who's never touched a computer in her 50 years of her life learn osx in 1 hour.

And you'll regret it because by august 22nd it'll definitely be updated by then.

3. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

I'm in the same boat as you- entering college Aug 25. I am waiting to purchase montevina, even if it means having to use public CPU lab for the first week of school. From what I've heard from others the b2s iPod promo will most likely apply to a new Computer if it's released. Also mac osx is easy to get accustomed to. Oh and btw just a warning you might get flamed for posting a
    repetitive topic. that makes some ppl really cranky :p