I would love a watch but wow...that price

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by newdeal, Apr 13, 2015.

1. newdeal macrumors 68020

When I look at the watches I immediately think, wow, the stainless sure looks better than the aluminum. And oh the bands for it are so much nicer looking, the leather loop, the milanese, the classic and modern buckles, all look so nice! Then after I think wow maybe I should preorder one, I look at the price and it would be over $1000 canadian for any one of those stainless models. I am in shock. Then I think well maybe the aluminum with sport band wouldn't be so bad after all. I look back...yup still uglier with a cheap rubber band. So I think hey maybe if I just put a new band on it. Oh, wait a second, even the bands are $200-$300?!?!?! Forget about it

This was my mental process when wanting to preorder a watch. I really wish Apple would have tried to make more bands for the sport version rather than trying to use bands as a way to upsell the stainless version. By making the bands so expensive it makes me think I should just upgrade to the stainless. But then the price makes me say no rather than yes. I am not broke and I think maybe their pricing psychology was off on this. They should have cut the prices of the bands in half imo. $599 is my limit but all I could get for that much is something that I don't love

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Just wait for third party accessories. It won't be long and we'll see a bunch on the market. Just like iPhone cases.

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

So buy an Apple Watch Sport, and a nicer band. "Problem" solved.

4. NTurner42 macrumors regular

NTurner42

Prices seem fine to me, the build and quality of these watches are very solid. The Space Black 42mm was one of the most popular preorders.