I wouldn't think Apple would approve Cider ports....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by roadbloc, Jan 26, 2011.

1. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

[​IMG]

But they obviously do. Interesting that Apple are letting devs simply emulate the Windows environment to get games to the mac. I'm not bothered much, I became suspicious when Steam didn't have the game 'The Path' on Steamplay (both Mac and PC versions available) and when the game was seriously testing my fans to say it isn't very heavy on the graphics.

I just find it bizarre that Apple would approve this sort of stuff.

2. doh123 macrumors 65816

I find this interesting.. and VERY unexpected... I wonder if I should try to get Wineskin up in the Mac app store so people can use it to make ports... Its basically made to make Cider-like mac ports just using Wine, so anyone can use it without having to pay...

Since all the money comes from donations, I'd hate to pay for a Mac membership just to try to list it and have it rejected though... the money goes to web server bandwidth for the apps downloads and such.

3. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Most of the Mac games coming from Windows are ports made with the official Transgaming Cider.

I have used Wineskin to port some games (Steam with CS 1.6 for nostalgia) and it is very easy to use. Thanks, doh123.