I0n1c's Untethered Jailbreak Bug is Not Fixed in iOS 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Applejuiced, May 4, 2011.

1. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I0n1c untethered jailbreak bug has not been fixed in the just released iOS 4.3.3 firmware, according to comex.

@i0n1c's bug is not patched in 4.3.3. #whatisthisidonteven

This is excellent news for jailbreakers as they will soon be able to perform an untethered jailbreak of iOS 4.3.3.
    As usual we recommend you wait before updating and make sure to save your SHSH blobs.

Great news, waiting for an update for Redsnow and pwnage tool.

2. Steve99 macrumors member

Excellent news! I think we can infer from this that Apple has nothing more then a skeleton crew working on 4.x at this point. I am sure all resources are hard at work on 5.x .

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Indeed. I just spent 3-4 hours restoring my phone after updating to 4.3.2. I will update whence iOS 5 doth show itself.

Besides, I think the tracking thing is pretty neat :D

4. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cant blame them, they probably got more important things to focus on than patching jailbreaks.
    Hope they become more lenient on JB in general.

5. johnNYChingaz macrumors member

they prolly didnt bother since this update was rushed out to take care of the tracking problem, they will prolly fix it on the next of just let it live till IOS 5

6. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Have you ever looked at the location file that saves on your PC? If so, can you tell me where iTunes saves it?

Thanks

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I could be wrong but I think it's bundled within the backups from your iPhone. I've never seen this supposed file so I wouldn't know how to access it specifically. I'm sure someone else here might have some better info on this.

8. iFiend macrumors 65816

Unfortunately this will never happen :(

Shouldn't take too long to port over to redsn0w. Does anyone remember how long it was last time? For 4.3.2? I think it was like 7-10 days

9. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

The only person with the source is I0n1c and he was out of the country last update so it took him some time to compile new binaries for the release (if needed).

This could also be why it's not patched yet - with no access to the source it's harder for Apple to reverse engineer the exploit and discover what they are doing. With a need to get the update out so fast they probably didn't bother. I expect it to be in the next patch though.....

10. iFiend macrumors 65816

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't it be great if this was some sort of super hack that Apple can't figure out how to patch?

I can dream, right? ;)

11. antnie macrumors newbie