i4 battery fluctuation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StaGro, Jun 24, 2011.

1. StaGro macrumors newbie

Since receiving my refurbished i4 last Friday, I noticed that the battery percentage will say one reading during usage, and at most 2% higher once turning off and back on. I have restored as a new phone since Wednesday if that makes any difference. Is this simply a calibration-needed issue, or does this warrant a visit to the Apple store?

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

There is no accurate way of measuring battery since it is not linear. Therefore it is fairly normal that your percent might be higher if you turned it on and off. I would recommend turning off your battery % so you won't be looking at it all the time and instead can enjoy the phone more.

FYI since it's not accurate, sometimes your phone will drain from 100-20 very fast then take forever to drain from 20-0 and vice versa.

3. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I agree with the above post on both counts - likely nothing to worry about, and try turning the percent off. It's a real relief.

However, I recommend calibrating the battery just in case - charge to 100, drain all the way to 0 and charge to 100 again. Can't hurt anything!