i4 error 1013

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chargit, Feb 18, 2011.

1. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

ok this i4 (not 4g cause there is no such thing!) was Jailbroken. some fool at At&t told my friend to hit the erase all content and settings button to get rid of the old persons info. well this caused it to get stuck at the apple logo. I got it past there but it is stuck at the connect to iTunes display. I have tried many ways to get this device to restore but it keeps coming back to error 1013. I have my firewall shut off and have tried different usb ports, cables, and computers all with the same result. tinyUmbrella will kick it out of recovery but it reboots and goes right back. the phone does not have to be JB or Unlocked. he is on At&t.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :D

2. Synergie macrumors 6502a

When you went into TinyUmbrella did you make sure to go to the advanced tab and uncheck the option to automatically set host to cydia? If that is still checked, then that's your issue. When you exit TU, that box MUST be uchecked. There is a better explanation on here in a different thread somewhere... but I can't find it right now. So try exiting iTunes, open Tiny Umbrella, make sure that box is unchecked, exit Tiny Umbrella, then go back to iTunes and it should work.

3. chargit thread starter macrumors 6502a

chargit

yes I tried that several times. AppleJuiced sent that suggestion to me in a private message earlier. but....I got it!! I just rejailbroke it using greenp0ison. I remember doing this with RedSnow in earlier versions so I tried it and BAM!!

Thanks for the reply though.

4. chargit thread starter macrumors 6502a

chargit

but now I am going to do something really stupid unless someone talks me out of it real quick. I am going to try to restore it through iTunes and get rid of the JB cause he doesnt want it jailbroken. :D

5. chargit thread starter macrumors 6502a

chargit

well it would not restore it was back to the same 1013 error so I had to rejailbreak with greenp0ison. :mad: