I4 Home button non responsive

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chrisd0pher, Jul 26, 2011.

1. chrisd0pher macrumors newbie

I've had my Iphone4 for over a year already and already out of the one year warranty. I'm on jailbreak 4.3.3 OS. My home button has been non responsive for the past few months at the least. I've always had my phone jailbroken since i've gotten it.

The problem is that double tapping it always takes a few tries to multi-task. Also, pushing the home button once some times does not work as well. It is extremely frustrating. I don't know if it is a software or hardware problem. I thought jailbreaking to a newer OS would solve the issue. After jailbreaking to 4.3.3, the problem persisted.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? :confused:

2. applefanboy98 macrumors newbie

yes - I have the EXACT same problem, but I always thought it was because of a hardware problem.. bought my phone on the first day as well.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I've experienced inconsistent home button functionality on both my jailbroken 3Gs and IP4. I believe it is jb related, to many mobile substrate things running and something is in conflict.

4. ejisfun macrumors regular

This is a known hardware issue. Just restore and bring it in to the genius bar. Worked for me.

5. polzii macrumors 6502

very common issue. My buddy brought his to an apple store and they replaced it, no questions asked, even though it was out of warranty.

I have the same issue inconsistently. I would return it to apple, but my BB is 1.59.00 and I dont want to lose the unlock :p

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I don't know if this works the same way it does with the 3Gs but if you really wanted to get down and dirty you could try replacing the home button and home button flex cable?

7. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Yeah home button is how I got them to replace my cracked screen, as well as my dad's, mom's and a couple friends.

8. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

I got mine replaced last night. The genius stated I was a month out of warranty and the moisture sensor was tripped but he'd take care of it anyway. I just acted ignorant to the fact that I knew this was a widespread issue. It wasn't even doing it at the time.

The funny part is that I restored from my 4.3.1 jailbreak to 4.3.4 to take it in and wasn't able to do an untethered jailbreak because of this. Of course the replacement has 4.3.3 ;)

9. chrisd0pher thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Yeah I'll probably take it to the Apple store even though I am out of warranty. Hopefully they'll replace it.

10. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

Had mine replaced this morning for the home button issue, and FWIW the replacement had 4.3.3 and modem firmware was 04.10.01

11. agentmikeyd macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.1.15738/25.697; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I have same issue. I am out of town with no computer access

Can i restore without access to a computer? Is it an option somewhere under settings?

I uploaded All my photos and vidoes
    So i dont have any data i csre about losing...

12. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

Pretty sure you have to be connected to iTunes to restore, although if you go into an Apple store they may be able to do it for you there.

13. agentmikeyd macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.1.15738/25.697; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I want to restore before going to apple store bc of jb...