i4 ios5 no restore option

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chargit, Nov 9, 2011.

1. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

ok I bought an i4 last night used. it was at the connect to iTunes screen. been trying all night to get it to work. kept getting error 3194 and -1. I could not get past either. I tried every suggestion for 3194 but could not find any info on -1. so finally I jailbroke it with redsnow and i got it to boot. I can do anything but make a call or get on the internet. it says searching where it should say at&t. in settings wifi is grayed out. but the crazy part is on iTunes you cannot restore from a backup or restore period. it has been searching for about 30 minutes and now a popup says I cannot make or receive calls and a restore is needed and to go to apple.com but good luck finding anything there. this phone was dropped and the back is cracked but it is under warranty until july of 2012. I can replace the back but it has a tethered jailbreak on it so I could boot it but now I dont have the option to restore it.

any ideas?

2. chargit thread starter macrumors 6502a

chargit

well I put it in dfu mode so I could restore. the options are there but now it hangs up at about 15-20% complete. :mad: