i4 shutting off by itself??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMetalG5, Aug 21, 2010.

1. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

This is new. Happened to my wife's i4 yesterday and now its happening to mine. The only thing I can think of is I did an app update before all this started.

The phone will just shut down. The only way to power back up is to hold the home and sleep/awake button and after 5 seconds the Apple logo pops up.

What gives?

2. tigert07 macrumors regular

wow this same exact thing happened to me! Try to restore and if not bring it to apple. They were more than happy to replace mine with a completely new one.

3. ZTuned macrumors member

This has happened to me several times as well -- the iPhone 4 keeps going into "recovery mode" according to iTunes when I plug it in. I have no idea what causes it, but every once in a while I will grab my phone to turn the screen on and it won't respond at all.

Power button and even the home+power combo does nothing to turn on the phone. I have to plug it into iTunes, mess around with it, and then eventually it will boot back up with the home+power button.

4. tigert07 macrumors regular

yep exactly what I did. I got tired of doing this though.

5. chris459 macrumors member

ever since i updated facebook this has been happing

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

This has also been happening to me even before the facebook update.
    I leave it down for an hour and try to use it later and it wont respond.
    Only way to start it back up is to hold power and home for 20 secs.
    I dont know whats causing it.
    Very weird.

7. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so take it to apple and they will run a diagnostic? Yeah its weird, was fine until I did an app update the other night and I don't know which app it could be. Granted its only happened to me 1 time and my wife 1 time but the common app we have is Wallpaper HD... not sure.