I4s will not detect Telcel with Intl sim, only AT&T in Mexico.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by buenhec, Feb 4, 2012.

1. buenhec macrumors newbie

Two weeks ago in Mexico I purchased a Telcel mini sim and put it in my Sprint Iphone 4s. It worked perfectly. For $2 per day (prepaid) I got all my imessage, emails and forwarded skype calls. I was so happy saving on roaming charges.

Last week I inserted the Telcel sim again. Now all I get is ATT. If I manual select carrier-Telcel, I get 1 unusable bar, then ATT.

I tried it again yesterday, same thing. I kept driving away from the border (ATT tower), about 40 miles in and an hour later I finally got Telcel, maybe because there was no AT&T signal around. My phone worked perfectly all the way back to the US with Telcel and did not pick up ATT again.

This is very frustrating. I put the Telecel sim into my wifes iphone4s and same thing happened. I have not upgraded software or changed anything, why wont the I4s detect Telcel in Telcel territory. Could an update have been pushed to my phone or something?

Help?

2. hlr macrumors newbie

if ur done with these two prepaid sims, would u sell em to me and send em to chgo? do they have a 624 (cabo) area code? thx.

3. buenhec thread starter macrumors newbie

I will see my brother in law next month, he lives in Cabo. I can get you one and send it to you. You want activated right?

4. buenhec thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem Solved

update:

I visited the Tecel office today. It seems many of the Iphone 4s are having the same problem as I have. I can stop tinkering with the phone. The rep says the newest 5.0.1 is the culprit. The said if I downgrade this would be corrected, i dont want to do this. Lets try another carrier.

I visited the Movistar office next and purchased a micro sim from their carrier. It works great. No more problems. I lost hair over this one. Problem solved. Lets hope it sticks.