i4Siri will bring Siri legally to iPhone 4!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sensamic, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Sensamic, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011

Sensamic macrumors 68030

Has anyone checked this out? Just found it today. Some developers are working on a tool named i4Siri (Google it) which will be a legal port of Siri to older devices. There is video proof and all. It will be legal because the 5.1 beta was opened or something like that.

Anyways, this time it seems we will be having a true Siri port!! My iPhone 4 will just become a 4S :D:D:D

Now this makes the 4S less of an appeal.

iPhone 4 + untethered jailbreak + Siri + winterboard themes + some other tweaks = awesomeness.

2. Striem macrumors newbie

I've seen it and it seems like a fair deal. Hopefully it will work flawless and without lag etc, that would be absolutely brilliant.

But don't forget that your iPhone 4 won't upgrade its hardware camera so it will never be an iPhone 4S ;) ;) ;)

3. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Unless Apple releases Siri for the iPhone 4, it will never run there legally. Every copy of Siri running on the 4S includes a license fee to Nuance.... You have not paid this fee if you run Siri on an iPhone 4...

Still stealing....

4. snowwhite007 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Will technically still be illegal but not as illegal as now; also the 4s has a faster processor so the iphone 4 will never be a 4s lol but to be honest i wish i had kept the 4 longer as a tethered option would have been great at this moment in time with all the cool apps being released via cydia

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

so this makes how many siri ports now? Lets see one working for more the a day or two then we will talk.

6. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

So i guess siri gives you dual core, better camera, better graphics etc too, as you say it's becoming a 4S ;) You know, 4 and 4S have one thing in common, the design.. the inside is totally different, so no matter what you do, you will never have something near a 4S with a 4.. Just saying so you don't get your hopes up!