Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebignewt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
I just assumed it would, it's a new unit (27 inch). But I was ripping/converting some DVDs using Handbrake and stuck in a Blueray disc and it spit it out.

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
This is turning out to be such a funny post. You guy's have me in stitches!

I guess if the OP wrote to Steve Jobs; Herr Steve would probably reply with "you are putting it in wrong" (that's what she said).:eek:

I wonder if the OP is serious about his question?

thebignewt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Sorry I started such a gutbusting thread lol :D. I am obviously new to Macs. I don't really care if it does Blueray. But I read some threads somewhere and people were ripping/converting Blueray discs using the Handbrake software. I guess they were using an external and bootcamp, like you said. For my money blueray is more about the audio than the video anyway.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Maybe you should read spec on the box first, no Bluray. Steve hates it, if you want to rip bluray, get an external BD drive, if you want to watch one, gw to windows bootcamp and get PowerDVD or some player software

macman1man

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2011
Lol!!!.. Yeah sorry, you have to get lots of external devices to make your expensive all in one iMac half decent...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.