i5 & i7

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Arsenal09, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Arsenal09 macrumors member

Hi everyone,
    I got a question about the 13inch mbp.
    I'm planning to buy one, but will the i7 be much better than the i5 for a little gaming, video editing & stuff? i know the 15inch is better for all of that, but it's really to expensive, than i have to wait much much longer for a mpb..

thnx.

2. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

Search is your friend . . . There have been just a few threads on your exact question.

;)

3. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

The Core i7 processor in the 13-inch MacBook Pro is dual-core just like the Core i5 processor featured in the entry level model.

Therefore, the only thing you would be gaining by choosing the Core i7 model is 400 MHz in clock speed, 1 MB of L3 cache, and a 500 GB hard disk. In comparison, the Core i5 model offers a 2.3 GHz clock speed, 3 MB of L3 cache, and a 320 GB hard disk. The graphics processing unit (Intel HD 3000 Graphics) is the same in both models.

Essentially, there's a very small increase in performance with the Core i7 model compared to the Core i5. It depends on how much the price difference is worth it to you; either machine would work quite well for the tasks in which you are looking to perform.

Hope that helps, have a great day. :)

4. Mik3F macrumors 6502

Get the i5, use the money saved for more memory or towards a SSD disk

5. mehanika Guest

You will feel no difference, unless compressing / decompressing. Spare yourself the money, and get the I5

6. Arsenal09 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone, than it Will be the one with i5. And than i can almost buy my first Mac, very excited ;)

7. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh