i5 Macbook Pro freezing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by weenerdog, Jul 6, 2011.

1. weenerdog macrumors member

I know many people were having this problem last year but my 2010 macbook pro has started freezing. It often does it at the login screen and about 30 seconds after i've logged in. Can't use mouse or keyboard when it happens. Was there ever a fix for this? It is happening a lot more frequently lately.

Is it something I should take my computer into apple for? It's almost run out of warranty so I need to do it asap if this is the case.

Specs.

2.53Ghz Core i5
    4gb ram
    OSX 10.6.7
    2010 model

Thanks.

2. travershartston macrumors newbie

You need to take it in right away. If you have warranty then take it in by all means. My guess it that either your boot ram needs fixing or there may be a problem with the logic board and those are EXPENSIVE!!!! So take it in to your local apple repair agent.

3. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

The details you have provided don't help what you need is to give the screenshot of activity monitor. If you don't know what it is go to Applications-->Utilities-->Activity Monitor. If you could then take a screenshot of all the items up the top and the three tabs down the bottom CPU, System Memory and Disk Usage.

This is not necessarily true, if you have a day or so left on your warranty take it in quick if you still have a couple of weeks then follow my advice first and we may be able to help you out without needing to take it in.

4. weenerdog thread starter macrumors member

Here are the screenshots requested. I'm not sure how much help they will be as my mac isn't freezing at the moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. weenerdog thread starter macrumors member