i5 MacBook Pro ?'s

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BRyken, Jan 11, 2010.

1. BRyken macrumors 6502

Before everyone flames me for talking about a potential MacBook Pro that isn't even released yet, realize, I know this. I'm purely looking for an opinion based answer to my questions. That being said:

Based on what you guys know about the new Intel i3, i5, and i7 processors do you think it is likely that the 13" MacBook Pro would be upgraded to one of these processors? Which one?

I recently sold my original 2006 MacBook Pro in atticipation for this upgrade. I've heard that the SSD options Apple offers are a rip. Does anyone know the specs of those SSDs Apple offers, like Read/Write speeds and how those might compare to a Western Digital Scorpio Black HD. I'm looking at potentially getting an SSD option but first I'm wondering if the Apple upgrade is worth the money, or if I should look into a 3rd party option and replace it myself. Anyone with the SSD option really impressed? Again this is only what I've read.

I can't think of anymore questions right at this second. Those were my two big ones. Please I'm only looking for speculative answers. I'm definitaly looking at a new 13" MacBook Pro so any additional speculation feel free to comment as I'm not as in-the-loop (pun intended) as far as Apple updates have been and trends from the company.

Thanks in advanced!

Brad

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. BRyken thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. That is one long ass thread, I have lunch cut out for me.

One other question: In the past when Apple release a new product on the day of the announcment, have the new products already been shipped to Apple stores or do you usually need to wait a few days or order online?

4. migsev macrumors regular

Normally they're available to order the moment the store goes back up, then they ship in as short as 3 days to as long as 3 weeks. New items should spread to retail stores around 5-7 days after the announcement.

5. BRyken thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.

Any comments regarding the potential SSD options and/or what you guys might recommend. I currently have a WD Scorpio 320 GB Black, and I'm just wondering if I will see any significant performance boost with a SSD. I do a lot of music type recording and mixing as well as some movie editing, if that helps.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=011016...e:forums.macrumors.com&hl=en&as_qdr=all&meta=