i5 processor coming to MacBook Pro 13"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by antster94, May 20, 2010.

1. antster94 macrumors 6502a

antster94

Hey,

Basically, somewhere on the internet I read that the reason Apple couldn't put an i* processor in the 13" model was due to the physical size of it, so small that it would be impossible to fit one. So is it worth just buying a C2D MBP now if the i* model is never going to come out?

2. ramzhh macrumors regular

They said the USA wouldn't last with "enlightened" minded ideas. And here they are :)

I would say it's your choice. If you need the computer right away, get it. But if you can wait a bit longer until WWDC in June(I think?), wait for it, and if they still can't come up with a way to put it in, get it then.

3. hypermog macrumors regular

Your thread title makes it sound like you have a juicy rumor or something......

The i5s won't be added to the 13" at least until the top bar reaches the average of the most recent bars:
    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro

... which ain't gonna be for a while. Even then, there's no guarantee it will happen until after that.

But... rest assured... it WILL happen. Why would you say "never"? Were you born yesterday or something?

4. ReggieSmith macrumors newbie

ReggieSmith

Aw hell.. you guys act like there won't be some newer, better processor than the i-series coming soon. :D

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

probably won't come until next year. until then, enjoy the c2d on 13" :D

6. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Ok thanks for the replys, I'll wait until after WWDC and see what happens ;)

7. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

I highly doubt apple will update they just had one maybe at the quickest would be next year but i3 will most likely be outdated and something new will be in the market.

I thing apple needs to do is update their macbook PRO from 256mb to 512mb for low end processors and 1024 on high end GPUs because steam coming to apple and would be a nicer way to distribution a MB from a MBP.

8. aiqw9182 macrumors 65816

I wouldn't be expecting ANYTHING before 2011, which is when Intel's new Sandy Bridge processors will be released.

9. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

C2D is going to eventually be taken out of the 13" MBP. As of when? no clue. If you need one, buy one, their still amazing cpus. If you wait long enough, you'll eventually get a 13" with an updated cpu. :apple:

10. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Thanks for the replys, now just got to decide whether to get this 13" or a 15" i5, seeing as I will be using it at school as well as home I will probably get the 13" :apple:

11. chris7777 macrumors 6502

I waited for a long long time on this, hoping these would get I core as well, when the main thing they did was change the graphics card, I just bought the bullet and got it, as my other laptop is over 5 years old and literally equivalent to a netbook, so it was definitely a step up.
    I wish I could have held out till the back to school promotion as well, but I had too much to do to wait