Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lyndo99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
I am planning on buying a 13" 256gb air but i am on the fence whether to go with the i7 processor or the i5. I would prefer to go with the i7 and don't mind shelling out the extra 90 bucks. Before I do that though, I want to know from the people with the i7 processors whether they have any issues with heat (that's the main one i'm concerned with) or it draining the battery quicker (i highly doubt there's a noticeable difference between the 2, but hey, you never know). I know both processors are 17w and haven't heard of any issues yet (not that all that many people have them yet though) so i anticipate that there will not be any issues but i would like to know before i shell out the coin.

If it matters, the heaviest use it will see is running a 1080p movie on a 50" tv which will most likely stress the gpu more than the cpu. Cpu intensive stuff that i may be doing is some autocad, inventor, solid works, and ansys modelling. Other than that i will only use it for the basics (web surfing, watching movies, ms office, etc.)

edit: just saw the thread below mine about the battery life difference between the two, just disregard my question about that then, ill just follow that thread instead. But i'm still curious about the heat issues since im coming from a laptop that i could fry an egg on 70 percent of the time, i dont want to get another one with heat issues.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.