i7 macbook pro, crashing and slow response

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mgacam2, May 26, 2010.

1. mgacam2 macrumors regular

mgacam2

Hey guys, so I'm wondering if my i7 macbook pro is going to need to go in. I'm having constant freezes and forcing me to force quit programs and even plugging in external speakers there is a good 45 second delay between connection and everything working. Also the volume and brightness control constantly are lagging when I try to use them. Does this sound like the tradtional freezing problem?

2. rjsmith18 macrumors member

rjsmith18

Are the problems consistent or on and off? It sounds like there is a hardware issue going on. Could be anything from ram, processor, or the hard drive.

3. mgacam2 thread starter macrumors regular

mgacam2

it started out being every once and a while and has consistently been getting worse.

4. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Or could owe to what softwares you have installed. A traditional freezing problem would generally occur with a single program. It happened with me with iWeb, constantly received beachballs. But I nuked the .plist file and it was all better.

5. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

If you're near an Apple Store, make an appointment at the Genius Bar and see what they say. This is unusual.

6. rjsmith18 macrumors member

rjsmith18

I would agree, but that speaker problem is what puzzles me. Unless its a usb speaker...

7. mgacam2 thread starter macrumors regular

mgacam2

This is just plugging in analog speakers. It happens not only on my mac side but my windows bookcamp too. Seems to be a hardware problem to me but not sure and really not wanting to format.:eek: