i7 MBP over heat? no way!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Super7668, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Super7668 macrumors member

Received my i7 MBP yesterday, and try to run parallels, TVU player, safari, aperture side by side, and it's not over heat at all, just felt slightly warm above the CPU, it's amazing! especially compare to my 1st gen MBP. I don't have to use my coolermaster cooling pad at all.

Glossy is not a problem as I thought, the screen is gorgeous! So far, I LOVE it! :D

2. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

Everybody probably suffocates their laptops by keeping the aluminum base on or very close to a surface.

3. sadcamper macrumors regular

As opposed to...:confused:

The only time mine has overheated is when playing Machanarium (sp?) in Windows 7.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It's a game of luck. Many OEM computers have ridiculously poorly applied thermal paste which is of course the cheapest thus the worst in conducting heat so that's causing a lot heat issues because the heat isn't conducted properly to the fan which then spreads and dissipates the heat

5. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

what? do you mean you don't use your warlock powers to levitate your macbook 4 feet in the air while you use it standing up?

6. sadcamper macrumors regular

So thaaaaat's how you all use them...here I was feelin' all inferior. :rolleyes:

7. FangBianMian macrumors member

FangBianMian

I use one of my Wife's toe nail painting seperator things (they've probably got a a name) to raise the rear of my MBP 0.5" - it really helps getting some air between the base and a tabletop.

8. sadcamper macrumors regular

I do believe that is, in fact, the technical name.

Note to self: find wife to thus enhance mbp's cooling capacities. :p

9. SurferMan macrumors 65816

uhhhh did you attach stilts to the bottom of your laptop?? :confused::rolleyes:

10. Mirabella macrumors regular

I agree. Mine runs cool as a cucumber. Nothing I've tried has made it more than slightly warm.