i7 (nehalem) processors now shipping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mirage08, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Mirage08 macrumors newbie

Proof?

So how long till these bad boys are in our Macbook Pros?

I'm not that impressed by the new macbook pros so if these can be there in 3-4 months I think I may just wait till they put these in.

Edit: Oh **** sorry. I'm late, there's two threads on this.

I'm an *******......

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

MacWorld 2010. Don't hope for anything sooner.

3. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Let's play "Count the fails!"

1. Posting a thread identical to another topic on the first page

2. Said other topic was locked after one reply, due to being both irrelevant and a repeat

3. Not knowing the difference between desktop and laptop Nehalem chips, or at least not knowing different release schedules

3 fails in one!

If you keep waiting with technology, you will find there is always something else to wait for. By the time the Nehalem MBPs are out, you'll be seeing previews and roadmap leaks for Westmere. There just a was a refresh, and it brought some fairly significant improvements. If you are ready to buy, now is the time.

EDIT: O SHI- Spelling fail when describing other people's fails! :(

Why is it fun to say "fail"?

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's not. Please stop insulting people for their oversights.

Just wait for Sandy Bridge, anyway.

5. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Not to mention in order to see any real improvement software has to be written specifically to take advantage of the quad core. I highly doubt we'll see much come out at the same time the Nehalem MBP is released. We *might* see Final Cut Pro, Logic Studio & Aperature updated to take advantage simultaneously but thats alot of work; Apple isn't in the habit of releasing those pro programs before they're ready.

I can see it now, people will rush out to buy these things and then gripe on here when they're aren't seeing as big a difference as they expected w/ all the hype. Wait until software is optimized for it then you'll see some action! I'm waiting for the 1st revision of that MacBook Pro thank you very much. :D I'm predicting some serious bugs since its such an overhaul.