iA5 iHome with iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by misterc, Aug 20, 2010.

1. misterc macrumors member

I recently purchased an iA5 ihome after getting my iphone 4. I used the ihome for a couple of days with no problem and loved it. However, now when I put the iphone in the ihome dock, a message on my phone says that this accessory is not compatible, which disables me from using any of the ihome functions.

I emailed ihome and they suggested to ensure that I have the latest firmware on my iphone and to do a hard reset. Both suggestions were done before emailing them and none work.

The only thing I haven't tried was to restore my phone.

Any other suggestions??? Right now I have a 99$ clock sitting on my dresser.

2. jgeist1 macrumors newbie

I don't have any suggestions. BUT, I do have the same dock and no issues. I'm running iOS4.1b3 so I can't verify if it worked with the current official releases.

-Jason

3. misterc thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Jason. Just weird that it works some days and on the others I get the display message.

4. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

I used to have issues using another dock connector accessory.

People on here said to give the dock on the iPhone a clean, worked for me. I think some dirt was short circuiting something or not allowing one of the pins to make fully contact.

5. misterc thread starter macrumors member

What should I clean it with? Just blow into it? I tried blowing into the bottom of the phone but no luck.